Analogue Super Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
    Theres not a huge amount of difference but imo the Super NT is slightly better. The main advantage to the Super NT is the simplicity of it, you just plug it directly to your TV via HDMI and thats it, you dont need to worry about which model SNES you need, which RGB cables are the best etc plus it takes up less space and there are less cables. Anyone who wants to play SNES games on a modern TV this is by far the best and easiest option.
    Bingo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
      If you're a purist plus have the space and access to one, then a properly calibrated CRT/PVM + original SNES would be better for you. But if you dont want to go through all the hassle and just want to play snes games on your existing HD/4K TV then the Super NT is the way to go.
      Reason I ask is because I’m currently using a SNES with a Trinitron via RGB as my main console, and a SNES Mini for my downstairs HDMI model, which to be fair gets much less use. I am really intrigued by the NT as the build quality looks immense, but I’m thinking in my case it’d be a bit frivilous to get one. I do want, though!

Comment

I received my Super NT yesterday, I like it a lot for HD and has a lot of options for screen size/scanline setc...but my Sony BVM + RGB Modded SNES Mini is unbeatable. you simply cannot beat a CRT, the colour and warmth of the picture is miles better

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
          Keep looking at these, only thing stopping me is i'm unsure whether it'd actually look any better than my 1chip and XRGB Mini. Very tempted to order one to find out though.
          It's a no brainer. My Super Famicom and its RGB cable are up for sale. The Super NT just looks so much cleaner. SFC via RGB and the Framemeister looks fantastic but the Super NT looks even better.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
            It's a no brainer. My Super Famicom and its RGB cable are up for sale. The Super NT just looks so much cleaner. SFC via RGB and the Framemeister looks fantastic but the Super NT looks even better.
            What screen settings are you using size wise?

Comment

Can certainly see the appeal of you don't want to f around with CRTs, locating 1CHIP consoles, having them properly tuned etc.

Comment

Super temped now, wonder if an n64 one is in the works?

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                  Wouldn't think so, an FPGA being able to (affordably) replicate the hardware of a Super Famicom is a recent development as it is. Maybe in 5-10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaz View Post
                    What screen settings are you using size wise?
                    No idea off the top of my head. I'd have to boot it up to check. I am using scanlines though.

Comment

Isn’t playing SFC and PAL Super NES cartridges an issue on the Super NT due to the cartridge slot? That’s something I heard in passing, no idea if it’s true or not. As I don’t own a Super NT.

Comment

It's not an issue, it takes both. There's more general info about the system here: https://www.analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

Comment

Originally posted by Protocol Penguin View Post
                          Isn’t playing SFC and PAL Super NES cartridges an issue on the Super NT due to the cartridge slot? That’s something I heard in passing, no idea if it’s true or not. As I don’t own a Super NT.
                          As fuse said, there's no issue at all. In fact all of my games are Super Famicom games. The NT also runs homebrew carts and Flash carts such as the EverDrive.

Comment

Do these beasts support RGB to CRT or only HDMI?
                            3DS FC (updated 2015): 0447-8108-3129

Comment

Originally posted by Escape-To-88 View Post
                              Do these beasts support RGB to CRT or only HDMI?
                              HDMI only. They said there would be an RGB adapter, but I haven't heard anything yet.

Comment

Originally posted by beecee View Post
                                Kevtris has said no because the cost of the hardware would be too high at this point, same with a 4K Super NT. Also the N64 wouldnt be a high priority for Analogue I imagine because there is the Ultra HDMI mod (If you can find one) which they probably couldnt beat.

Comment

Working...
                                X