No announcement yet.

Analogue Super Nt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice, thanks for the recommendations Speedy!

Supprised at the price of both the Terranion and the EverDrive but if that's the price, that's the price!

If the Mega SG ever comes back in stock and I nab one, that'll be my first port of call.

Comment

I don’t think you need an Everdrive if you’re using one of these. You can just install the custom firmware and play ROMs straight off an SD card, I believe.

Comment

Yeah as mentioned you only really need one of those devices for the FPGA Mega CD side of things.

Comment

I’m such an idiot, thank you both!

I was under the impression the Mega SG was just the base console and unless you loaded a cart in, it was incapable of playing games. Phew, saved a bit on cash there!

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post

I was under the impression the Mega SG was just the base console and unless you loaded a cart in, it was incapable of playing games. Phew, saved a bit on cash there!
            Without custom firmware you are correct, behaves like a real mega drive and needs carts!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              I don’t think you need an Everdrive if you’re using one of these. You can just install the custom firmware and play ROMs straight off an SD card, I believe.
              Yep, that is 100% correct.

Comment

With the jailbreak firmware you can also play Master System, Game Gear, SG-1000 and Colecovision games from the SD card.

Comment

When do we reckon the new consoles could hit their site?

I was this close to buying one during Furlough 2020 but they were never in stocked when ever I looked. I've added the UK and Jap models to my email notification list, really intrested in buying one now.
                  Definitely get one when they’re back in stock, its a fantastic little machine and probably the best way to legally play Mega Drive games

Comment

I'd rather put the money into a MiSTer box, personally.

They do great pieces of kit, no doubt. However I just don't have the space/money/lifestyle to hoard all of their hardware so that I can play all of my favourite games.

Plus, they've not covered the NeoGeo or JAMMA/CPS yet.
                    Last edited by dataDave; 01-03-2021, 09:16.

Comment

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Damn, I was really looking forward to that

Comment

Sad, but no surprise whatsoever; they've struggled to hit deadlines previously even when global circumstances weren't working against them. I wonder if many orders will end up getting backed out as a result - still crossing fingers for those who missed the initial load...

Comment

At least the Super NT will be back in stock soon. Been waiting for that for ages.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                              Sad, but no surprise whatsoever; they've struggled to hit deadlines previously even when global circumstances weren't working against them. I wonder if many orders will end up getting backed out as a result - still crossing fingers for those who missed the initial load...
                              Oh, that would be nice. Fingers crossed.

I know nothing about what it requires to manufacture this type of product, but I'm continually surprised by how much difficulty they seem to have making units available of all their products. I feel like there must be a better way of doing things.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                                I feel like there must be a better way of doing things.

Comment

Working...
                                X