No announcement yet.

Joker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reckon this will end up being a really polarising film if no other reason than I think it's going to really disappoint general masses who miss the fact that it's neither anything to do with the DCU and it'll likely have very little in reference to the wider Batman mythos. I'm largely assuming theirs more to it that it cribbing other films as well but that's purely because some of the publications to have scored it highly are ones I'd have expected to call it on something like that. They claim it's surprisingly neutral in glamorising Joker and it's approach to the story, the trailers suggest it intends to make him a sympathetic villain though so presumably more is missing in the trailers from the back end of the film.

Comment

This looks kind of interesting. Like QC said it looks very Taxi Driver - the vibe also kind of reminds me of The King of Comedy and other 70s stuff about outsiders like Network.

I have to watch this as my girlfriend is really keen to see it. It looks much more up my street than most spandex ‘n’ superpowers fare, I just hope it isn’t a Poundland version of better films about loners and psychos.

Comment

Have to say, it does look like a good film despite my previous comments. However, would I go an see it at cinema instead of waiting for it on Netflix? I doubt it.

Comment

Two weeks to go until Todd Phillips’ “Joker” hits cinemas and the publicity train is in full swing with Phillips and star Joaquin Phoenix talking up the feature in new interviews. The first cut of the film reportedly clocked in at 155 minutes with the final version being ultimately shortened to 122 minutes, suggesting the […]

Phillips clarifies confusion over past comments saying effectively that if Phoenix wanted to make a sequel he'd be open to it but the film was never intended to have one.

Comment

It really is getting some good reviews.

Comment

Working...
            X