• Show
Clear All

Last one I had was the 30/10

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
      Last one I had was the 30/10
      Thanks Boris

Comment

Liking the fact I can use Amazon Alex now for various voice commands on the XBox One

Comment

Can't believe I slept on Game Pass for so long. Always told myself that I wanted to own they games. Signed up today for £1 for the first month. Downloaded 7 games straight away but I realized I've bought 16 games from various sales that are also on Game Pass. Oh the regrets.

Downloaded:

Alien Hominid HD
          Ashen
          Darksiders: Warmastered Edition
          Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
          Metro 2033 Redux
          Metro: Last Light Redux
          Rise of the Tomb Raider

On Game Pass but already bought:

Braid
          Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
          DmC: Devil May Cry
          Doom
          Gears of War: Ultimate Edition
          Gears of War 2
          Gears of War 3
          Gears of War 4
          Halo: The Master Chief Collection
          Halo 5: Guardians
          Ninja Gaiden Black
          Ori and the Blind Forest
          Quantum Break
          Sunset Overdrive
          ReCore: Definitive Edition
          Wolfenstein: The New Order
          Last edited by Nico87; 18-12-2018, 16:37.

Comment

It's cracking value I reckon. I signed up to a cheap trial and kept my subscription going.

Comment

Been playing state of decay 2 on this. Really enjoying it. Looks a bit last gen which is a shame but enjoying the gameplay although it does seem to have an awful lot going on, maybe too much, we’ll see

Comment

A digital only version of the XBO S is said to be headed up for preorders next month ahead of a global release in May

Comment

Pretty much the game pass box.

Speaking of game pass, I was thinking if MS continue to offer all first party games launching day one via game pass into the next Xbox generation, that could be pretty big for day one buyers. Let’s say they have Halo Infinite and Forza 8 at launch, you don’t even need to buy them with the console, pick up a console and maybe an extra pad, a game pass subscription and you have those two games, if they continue with backwards compatibility you then have access at day one to a hundred plus games via your brand new console.

Could change they way launch consoles are sold at retail.

Comment

Will retailers want to stock a low margin item that may not yield game sales for them long term? We’ve seen the increase in digital sales this generation and the alleged disc drive free model only reinforces that.
                    Accessories have good margins normally and might still be worth stocking.

Comment

GAME stock things like the Nvidia shield, so I don't think they'll do much. Also too much competition for them not to stock it.

Comment

They'll definitely push it but the direction MS is going in, you'll see retail support PS5 far more which will be another tipping of the scales

Comment

Remember the rumours are that both Sony and Microsoft's next-gen machines should have optical drive build in at least one sku. So this whilst a milestone is quite the end of physical, although obviously it's coming and soon.

Nintendo and Microsoft have healthy online presence in the UK, and lots of available distribution channels (The Supermarkets, high street, online etailers etc.). Also with the loss in significance of big national, videogame retailers such as GAME or GameStop I don't think it'll be a big problem for any of them to get their machines in front of buyers.

The big change has been the loss of trade-ins and physical media sales but that's happened/happening already.

Comment

Which makes for interesting thoughts on what the future of digital purchasing will look like as Game Pass is one option but feels unsustainable in its current form whereas standard digital store purchasing is rip-off central. Physical is falling yet remains the most consumer friendly option for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Which makes for interesting thoughts on what the future of digital purchasing will look like as Game Pass is one option but feels unsustainable in its current form whereas standard digital store purchasing is rip-off central. Physical is falling yet remains the most consumer friendly option for the most part.
                              Probably like it does now. More subscriptions, add-ons, mtx, f2p hybrids, games holding full RRP for longer. I think the market is already showing people are fine with digital purchases. They might be some more maturing of the digital storefronts but I don't think much will change.

Steaming will get more investment as we know, and obviously legislation against certain things, i.e. Lootboxes, more protection for minors and better consumer rights may be changes that happen anyway or a slightly different area that are harder to call.
                              Last edited by Digfox; 07-03-2019, 10:17.

Comment

I think, unless a suitable set up came out, consoles would become an end of system life thing for me as paying £50-£60 for Spider-Man 2, Uncharted 5, Gears 6 etc is just madness.

There's PC though, lots of store fronts with cheaper pricing options and no momentum at all really for streaming there.

Comment

Working...
                                X