No announcement yet.

Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depending on how accurate this is, apparently the Forza Motorsport team is now fully moving over to work on Forza Motorsport 8 which heavily adds to the speculation that the title is a 2020/2021 early XB4 title instead.

Comment

A new Xbox One controller has leaked, courtesy of Amazon Mexico, and it's one of the best-looking [...]

Another controller colour inbound

Comment

Saw that in the dashboard last night. Looks stylish!

Xbone seems to be unable to do the resume thing. My games always seem to crash soon as I go back into them. Just me or is this normal?

Comment

Most of my games resume ok. Some games that require an internet connection (like Destiny 2 for instance) will go back to the main menu but rarely had them crash.

Comment

The digital only Xbox One S is apparently going to launch on 07 May 2019

Microsoft's rumored lower-priced Xbox One S would reportedly come bundled with three games and feature a 1TB hard drive.

It's also rumoured to include digital download codes for Sea of Thieves, Minecraft and Forza Horizon 3

Comment

The sceptic in me says this is built as a way of avoiding paying Sony for the use of Bluray drives and games on Bluray disks.

Comment

Sony isn’t the only licence holder for Blu-ray. The games market is shifting to downloads and this disc less system offers a lower cost entry point. One of these with Game Pass and EA access offers a lot of gaming for your money.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                  Sony isn’t the only licence holder for Blu-ray. The games market is shifting to downloads and this disc less system offers a lower cost entry point. One of these with Game Pass and EA access offers a lot of gaming for your money.
                  Yep, isn't the UK market now 70% digital, for game sales .

Comment

I did say I was being sceptical.
                    To be honest most of my games are digital. Reason being I don't get much opportunity to visit game stores and there just isn't the option of shops anymore. Game is over priced and CEX is like buying from Fagin.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      I did say I was being sceptical.
                      . I guess that's why SONY no longer makes its PlayStation games available on the PC and uses Linux for development. Because they don't want to play Microsoft money after, MS dared to enter the console industry in 2001.

Tbh everything is going digital, even cash

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        So sad. Sold my Just Cause 4 for 4000 yen today. Could I have done that with digital? Nope. I'd be stuck with a game I don't want anymore.

Comment

Off topic slightly, but the latest data we know is that whole UK video game market is over 80% digital. Although that includes PC, mobile and therefore content that isn't available physically.

We don't know the ratio on console games, although it looks like we've finally gone over the tipping point. I do suspect more casual friendly titles like COD or FIFA cling to over 50% physical still.

That said GfK haven't included digital figures as they said they would, and NPD is losing the actual sales figures which means we live in a time of even more guesswork. This industry controls everything and they'd probably love to hide the game you meant to buy as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                            So sad. Sold my Just Cause 4 for 4000 yen today. Could I have done that with digital? Nope. I'd be stuck with a game I don't want anymore.
                            The way of the world. I remember when I 1st started work: One was paid weekly and in cash too (those were the days). These days more and more people just use chip and pin or contactless. Cash will soon be 100% digital
                            Last edited by Team Andromeda; 22-03-2019, 09:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                              Off topic slightly, but the latest data we know is that whole UK video game market is over 80% digital. Although that includes PC, mobile and therefore content that isn't available physically.

Pretty incredible, no wonder the high street is screwed

Comment

Pretty incredible, no wonder the high street is screwed
                                Indeed. But what we're also coming up on is a time when major releases forgo physical. So even the £40ish cheaper games on Amazon et all become a thing of the past.

I suspect how we saw digital releases go day one with physical at the turn of this generation, we might see physical being dumped on bigger realeases in this next generation. Even if it doesn't happen immediately we're already seeing more and more releases forgoing physical for digital releases only. And it'll increase in this country as releasing in a small market outside of a regional customs/trading block will be not be viable for a lot of releases. We already see some releases as NA on disc only for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X