No announcement yet.

Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry but I just don't see that happening. This from the company that is apparently creating a second cheaper console.

They're not just going to force people into the all you can eat plan. I just don't see that as a logical move when they're trying to make a platform that is an entry level for all types of gamer...

I think from now on Xbox Live will be renamed Game Pass but online play is just free regardless. One thing is certain, something is changing in the tier of services so I guess we will see very soon.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      Have you tried rebuilding your database on ps4? Never had any slowdown or un responsiveness on the ps4 dash to be honest.
      I think I have. To be honest, it's probably just my ps4. I'm amazed my ps4 is still working. It failed to turn on after a powercut for a few days and then came back to life. And if I put it in rest mode it powers off.

Comment

Comment

Either online play becomes free or we're finally going to see the major shifts in Game Pass that might risk spoiling its current high value.

Comment

Gamepass most likely taking over as the 1 and done online sub.

Comment

2-Tier Game Pass.

Game Pass
              - Free games in netflix style service
              - 4 Free games to keep per month
              - 10% discount on any DLC/Games currently in the pass
              - Free DLC packs to Game Pass members

Game Pass Ultimate
              - All of the above
              - PC included
              - xCloud included w/ all Game Pass games in xCloud

Comment

^ Probably about right, although they will continue to have a PC-only version of the first tier for those PC players that don't want xCloud.

Comment

I think this is more about clearing the way for Xbox All Access to launch worldwide. People like subscribing to things these days - phones, cars, VoD etc so why not a console? How about Lockhart / Series S with GamePass Ultimate for £25 a month with a two year minimum sub? Could get plenty of people into next generation early on.

Comment

Xbox All Access has been knocking about in the U.K. for a while, but it hasn’t been pushed hard and it hasn’t represented great value so far. Will be interesting to see if’s something they promote heavily at launch.

Comment

Yeah All Access is definitely going to be in more territories once these consoles arrive... It might be particularly useful for many in the current climate as well.

They already bundle 12 months of ultimate in All Access on the One S/X so it's a no brainer this will continue.

Comment

Making it an all in one pass would be interesting as it would mean Game Pass was tied to the core of the Xbox brand from that point on but it would absolutely decimate first party game sales meaning I'd 110% expect solid sub cost increases moving forward. Would make the subscription model easier for bringing to other formats though if MS continues to move further away from the hardware business.

Comment

Making Live Gold/Multiplayer 'free' may make sense for Microsoft particularly when most of their own first-party games are multiplayer Live Services anyway.

My guess is that a lot of the 'Gold' users have been converted to Game Pass irrespective of the deals and therefore the loss of mandatory online fees will be more than offset from the Game Pass revenue and increase in MTX within their games (i.e. more users). Also gives then a clear USP against Sony for third-party games like Fortnite and COD; i.e. 'play them for free on our platform'. And it completely fits with their PC/Windows strategy too.

Comment

The irony as well if Sony charges for online play and MS doesn't next gen

Comment

I don't understand giving users free games to keep if you're subscribing to a Netflix style system.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                                I don't understand giving users free games to keep if you're subscribing to a Netflix style system.
                                Technically you don't 'keep' Games with Gold or PS+ (assuming that's the part you are referring to). They are removed once your subscriptions ends. But if Gold is going then GwG doesn't really serve any purpose unless you're trying to increase users on a Live Service (which can be done through free 'base' game give-aways).

Although I think PS+ and GwG are slightly dated offerings of their time. With Game Pass and PS Now they don't really become as much as an incentive to lure users.

Comment

Working...
                                X