Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stand corrected.
    How the hell are MS getting this many out on the market then?

Comment

Errrrrrm, no one bought them in the first place, these aren’t newly built consoles.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        I stand corrected.
        How the hell are MS getting this many out on the market then?
        I have no clue! Demand is, I would guess, a lot softer than for PS5 and Series X - but I don’t know if it’s a combination of that plus an easier to manufacture piece of hardware.

Comment

Can they strip the Xbones cpu, clock it and use those? Maybe they are taking the huge stock of OneX and recycling it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
            I noticed someone on my friends list playing Battle Garegga the other night. I had no idea it came out on xbox. I searched the store but it says it's currently unavailable. Did it come out in the UK?
            It didn’t come out, but you can buy US credit and buy it from the US store and add it to a Uk account pretty easily

Comment

^^^ Aha, cheers for the info ^^^

Comment

Yep, I think it mostly comes down to there being no demand at all for XBO stock so it made no sense to continue taking up production with it. For Series S, it's always come across that it was easier to manufacture than the Series X or PS5 and in addition to that the demand for the console is lower meaning stock has flowed more easily. It's been a huge factor in how XSX has sold so well over the first year but I'd wager much of that rests on how hard the other two are to get hold of and people growing inpatient and caving on it as a stop gap or secondary system. It's a release that has worked out well for them as if MS had never made the Series S I imagine the sales figures for this gen would be looking dire for Microsoft but when it comes to those strong December sales figures I could easily imagine that that comes less from the Series S being super desirable and more from how much more Series X stock they managed to get out in the final weeks of the year.

Comment

I would imagine with the last gen consoles now discontinued the focus for MS will be on logistics, shipping as many units of XSX as they can focus entirely on just the next gen hardware. That's a huge step going into the next year... As for the popularity of Series S over X. I would love to know what the ratio is.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                    I would imagine with the last gen consoles now discontinued the focus for MS will be on logistics, shipping as many units of XSX as they can focus entirely on just the next gen hardware. That's a huge step going into the next year... As for the popularity of Series S over X. I would love to know what the ratio is.
                    My gut tells me the SeriesS is out selling the seriesX 2-1. For the simple reason that you can get one.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                      It didn’t come out, but you can buy US credit and buy it from the US store and add it to a Uk account pretty easily
                      I didn't knew it was available for the Xbox One at all and, after a little research, it turns out it's available from the german Microsoft store.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                        They def show non Microsoft stuff. I’ve seen McDonalds on there. To be honest that’s a piss take. They’ve done it for years, 360 was terrible for it.
                        Really!? My Series S only has ads for games and MS Store sales. Maybe it’s because I’m in Japan and Mos Burger doesn’t think it’s worth advertising to the literally tens of Xbox owners here.

My disdain for the dashboard has waned somewhat. I still don’t like how the settings icon is treated as any other game/app and just slips off the main screen like it’s My Friend Pedro but I’m learning to just less the guide button, switch tabs and access it that way.

The recent settings for changing the brightness of the console/controller buttons and the screen turning orangey at night time are wonderful, though.

Comment

[MENTION=2625]randombs[/MENTION]

I posted that a couple of years ago, and I was talking about my One S rather than a Series machine, so the info might be out of date now.

But while they mostly promoted games on the homescreen, I definitely saw promotions for McDonalds and other unrelated products. Not huge amounts of it, but it was there.

I haven't used an Xbox since I boxed mine up upon receiving my PS5 in Nov 2020 though so not sure what it's like now

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            Mos Burger
                            Argh, I miss Mos Burger. We had them dotted around Singapore.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                              I think it’s slightly cheaper from the German store, but annoyingly it’s under £5 in the Argentine store as well as dangun fevron. And all the ACA neo geo titles are a £1. But can I find a way of purchasing them can I fudge

Comment

About half as many XSX stacked in here now compared to the S.

The only other consoles in stock are Switch Lites.

Comment

Working...
                                X