No announcement yet.

Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only recommend rtings for some reviews as they look at input lag, hdr and gaming use.
    Find the best products for your needs, based on our reviews, ratings and recommendations.

Here’s what they said about Q9F
    The Samsung Q9F QLED is a great 4k LCD TV with very good picture quality and exceptional rendition of colors. It can display a very wide range of colors and gets...

LG B8
    The LG B8 is a 4k OLED TV with excellent picture quality, especially when viewed in a dark room. It can produce perfectly deep blacks due to the emissive technol...

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
      Did no one play Quantum Break? Can’t find much about it on the forums. I’m nearing the end of the game and it’s been absolutely fantastic for me. Curious to hear what others felt about it! I think the TV show was a pretty unique thing to incorporate and it worked really well for me.
      Played it and finished it. It was a good game but nothing amazing. I did like the film sections mind you.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
        Has anyone tried the X on the samsung Q9F 55’? My gaming TV in lounge upstairs has stared to burn in, and the shop suggests this one is great for gaming (he said 16ms response and some frame rate smoothing tech??) but I hate the show room settings and never know what to believe. They have this TV at kr22000 and a LG OLED «B» series st kr17000. Any real world Xbox One X experience would be really nice to hear. TV needs to last 5 years, so dont want to mess up...
        I have the X paired with an E6 OLED. Great for games and that’s with 30msec response time. The contrast OLEDs offer is sensational. The B8 has a slightly older chipset than the E8 so it might be worth the extra for future proofing. To be fair to LG they’ve put out updates for over two years for the 2016 sets. WebOS is very good and there is support for Dolby Vision which I don’t think Samsung supports.

Comment

My launch Scorpio X has been getting progressively louder over the last couple of months to the point now at which it's doing thermal shutdowns on X enhanced games. I didn't want to send it back to Microsoft as the chances are I wouldn't get a Scorpio back as a replacement, so I opened it up itself.

Yeah, that's why it's been running so hot - the thermal paste barely existed and what was on there was a solid and crusty. Reapplied some MX4 and it's running very quietly now. Pretty poor effort on Microsoft's side.

Comment

Nice...not. Reminds me, I was watching a YT video of someone taking a PS4 Pro apart to apply come Grizzly Thermal paste and the quieter of the two fans. Some of the thermal pads on the ram didn't even line up correctly. Thermal paste can shift over time and/or be affected by things like dust build up, although not making excuses for that application!

I guess from a cost pov it's all about speed and adequate application when building these consoles.

Comment

Xbox x is a magnificent console to look at and the build quality much like the s is fantastic. Geez Microsoft have knocked it out the park in terms of hardware design this last couple of years and the packaging as well is really top quality.

Honestly it's a real shame I really don't like the ui and os etc but now I've got the x and only a normal ps4 I reckon despite this I'll be using it a lot more than my PlayStation for the next little bit.

Comment

I imagine my X will be a Read Dead and media player machine mostly, plus Crackdown if and when it ever comes out.
                I really do not understand why they haven't give Xbox support for their mixed reality headsets. Vanilla PS4 does VR just fine, a Pro makes it a little bit better, I feel like an X should be able to up it even more... but nothing :-(

Not looking forward to the UI or the adverts but hopefully I can configure it to just boot into a game if it's in the drive? And hide crap I don't want by using pins is it?

Comment

Can't edit on work PC so soz for double post:

Can I play Bayonetta on a One? If so I can get rid of (well, put in the loft) my WiiU. Just realised I can catch up with the Halos too (got the itch after playing Destiny).

Comment

Bayonetta is backwards compatible on One (it confirms this on the store page). Although it isn't Xbox One X enhanced.

Comment

Originally posted by Finsbury Girl View Post
                      Xbox x is a magnificent console to look at and the build quality much like the s is fantastic. Geez Microsoft have knocked it out the park in terms of hardware design this last couple of years and the packaging as well is really top quality.
                      The internals are very good - everything is modular and well built inside the unit. The heat sink is very high quality and solid copper (which is why the X is so heavy), but when there's no thermal paste to conduct the heat through it, it may as well be a lump of plastic.

The only tricky bit taking it apart was the X-clamp on the heat sink on the rear of the board. You need to take time and care removing it with some pliers else you're going to end up damaging surface mount components or ripping traces.

If anyone finds their X has started sound like a hoover though, it's probably gone the same way as mine.

Comment

Bargain from smyths in the end. X forza 7, horizon 4 and rdr2 for 389

Comment

What a wonderfully minimalist design this console is! Very quiet too. The UI is a design abomination though oh my god! Absolute insanity.

Rdr2 is at 75% and I think I need to patch it too so maybe playing in an hour.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                            Bargain from smyths in the end. X forza 7, horizon 4 and rdr2 for 389
                            Good deal! Always up for a bit later of Horizon 4. Should be about Saturday and Sunday morning if you fancy joining.

Comment

My gamer tag is TheBoletarian, add me peeps! Not set live gold up yet but will do later tonight

Comment

Have added you.

Comment

Working...
                                X