No announcement yet.

Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've tried it on my phone but personally I think the screen size is too small to make it worth it. As you say the text isn't optimised but I remember Microsoft saying part of xcloud would be featuresc to allow things like text to scale for smaller screens.

I know some games on the switch have this issue so it's not like it's an issue specific to this service.

I'm actually finding a good light tablet with decent wifi is the better deal for xcloud. I've got a Samsung s5e tablet now. Great screen, weighs less than 400g and I can play with it sat on my controller for a 10" screen on the go. Doing this makes any game work well. I'd say an iPad mini might be great pairing as well for the same reasons.

Check out https://utorcase.com for 3D printed mounts. I use an over the controller mount which is great.

Comment

Xbox One S All-Digital Edition at £84.99 here in Norway. No way I could resist that. I already have all the games I want digitally (minus a few I'll get from Game Pass) from when I had a One X, so no further costs except a few months of Game Pass and maybe Stranger of Sword City.

Hopefully I'll be able to restrain myself from comparing it to the One X
      Last edited by Nico87; 25-11-2019, 17:48.

Comment

That's a steal, add on 11 months of Game Pass Ultimate for ~£31 and you have yourself an awful lot of gaming for £116.

Comment

Wow. That's really good. If that comes to the UK I'll be very tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            That's a steal, add on 11 months of Game Pass Ultimate for ~£31 and you have yourself an awful lot of gaming for £116.
            Aye, already got 4 months (including 1 trial month) for £1

Comment

Apparently it will be £109 in Tesco

Comment

Received an invite for xCloud after applying late for the beta, and have been playing with it last night and today. Initial impressions are not good if I'm honest, although it may be exaggerated with my hardware.
                • I'm using an Honor 10, with a Netgear Nighthawk R8000 router on Virgin Media and a BT Xbox Controller. Turned Pi-Hole off to avoid any DNS issues although this made no difference.
                • Tried Forza Horizon 4 and Halo 5. I think after years of playing FH games on Xbox I can spot the latency straight away. Can barely finish a race on normal AI avatar difficulty. Keep bouncing off walls. Almost as if playing with the pad inverted. Halo 5 is a better experience and the lag less noticeable.
                • However on either of my 5Ghz WiFi bands I keep getting pauses every few minutes for 30-60 seconds. Which makes the whole experience unusable. However on Three 4G I had a better experience as the connection was rock solid. Still lag mind use but better. I used up 645mb after only doing one race on FH4 - so 6/7 mins play time.

I love the fact everything is integrated and for both games the service can sync with existing save games. I'm tempted to try it on my other half's Pixel 3 to see if the experience is any better.

Comment

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like CraigHutchings.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG EDD View Post
                    Nice! I forgot that was out this week. Post some impressions when you can please.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                      Nice! I forgot that was out this week. Post some impressions when you can please.
                      just installing now. Bayonetta has a 12.78GB update and Vanquish has a 61mb update. Rather low for Vanquish

Comment

Dating all the way back to 2004, an in development version of StarCraft: Ghost on the original Xbox has leaked online

Comment

Xbox One S is now doing the rounds for £149.99
                          It feels like it says a lot about this gens fortunes that a PS4 Slim costs the same as an Xbox One X, especially several months from a new generation launch. Looks unlikely that an imminent price drop on Xbox's rival is inbound either

Comment

I'm still early in getting back to the Xbox stuff that isn't on PC but so far I've been surprised with the Xbox One X. On the plus side it seems to handle 4K content well especially for a console. I can tell the difference compared to my PC but it's close enough. Downside though, the UI is the worst MS has done yet and despite the grunt still laggy as hell at times.

Comment

The 1X is a cracking system but it’s a shame we’ll never see it utilised properly. I’d like to see what could be done with a 1080p game throwing all that compute resource at the visuals. As it is Gears 5 will have to do as a showcase for the system.

Comment

Aw, I procrastinated on buying one of the £250 Xbox One Xs, and now I realise I've missed out

That's annoying. Would've been cool to upgrade my S for better framerates.

Comment

Working...
                                X