Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    As stock levels begin to drop off across the Xbox One range it's being discussed on reddit and Era that Microsoft may have quietly discontinued the Xbox One.
    Surely a sign that the rumoured Lockhart / Series S is coming this year?

Comment

It's beginning to look like that's the case, anywhere that has stock left of XBO and XSX might really slash prices this Black Friday

Comment

OneX packs were already slashed to £260 delivered most places a month ago inc a game, 1 month gamepass and other bits etc.

Might go down to that again but I can’t see the OneX going any cheaper. OneS on the other hand?

Comment

I can see the Xbox One X hitting sub £200 once they announce the Lockhart in August.

I don't think MS will have a difficult time selling the Series X over the Series S, but I do think they'll struggle selling Series X when the One X is still available...

So, to me this makes perfect sense. The One X is really a fantastic console and it makes me wonder how they can entice people to upgrade when the price difference between it and Series S might be less than £100.

Comment

Rest easy, Xbox One S isn't discontinued.

Update: Xbox exec assures One S model is still available, attributes confusion to change in SKU number
            Update: As spotted by our sister site Pure Xbox, a Microsoft exec has already confirmed that the Xbox One S has not been discontinued.

Replying to a Twitter user regarding the Amazon listing, Xbox's console business planning lead Dan Tavares said the lower-end device is "very much still available."

"We just changed SKU numbers," he added. "Amazon is just messy in how they show products."

At present, Tavares does not appear to have commented on the availability of the Xbox One X.

Comment

Not sure if it’s a placeholder , seen one online shop taking preorders @599

Comment

The One X and the discless Xbox SAD are both discontinued as of now. They’re going to keep making the One S though.

Makes sense.

Comment

Shame in a way, the XSX is great so it dropping in price would have been great but I guess that would undermine Lockhart too much

Comment

Yep makes sense.

Agree it's a shame about the One X. It's such a great console (so small, so powerful, so heavy... So quiet).

I am potentially keeping mine and just sticking it in the study as my monitor is freesync 1440p... Though up until now I've just been streaming up there when I've needed.

The xCloud news, with it being free in Game Pass Ultimate also doesn't surprise me but if you want access to that sort out thing it makes the whole package mandatory.

Comment

Is the Xbox range still strangled by that awful front end, or have they ditched advertising etc?

Comment

The front end is still awful and confirmed to remain so for Series X sadly. It's beyond time MS got someone in to rework the entire thing

Comment

At this point there better off giving complete control of placement and what can/can’t be on the front end, then having templates you can customise.

Whoever is in charge of the ui needs to be out out of a job quite frankly in the xbox division.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                            At this point there better off giving complete control of placement and what can/can’t be on the front end, then having templates you can customise.

Whoever is in charge of the ui needs to be out out of a job quite frankly in the xbox division.
                            But you can pretty much do this now?

You can remove everything bar 3-4 small square ads from the front screen and using groups just add sections you want to have. Then on the guide you can re-order the main sections.

For me it's fast unless I've got my large 8TB HDD connected with 300+ games to load in when I hit the games & apps section.

Comment

I don’t really think it’s that bad. It’s not great but it’s basically fine. It’s over complicated though. And yes, it does still have a slot for ads on the home screen.

Comment

Agree it's not bad at all and in the past few updates (one very recent) it's noticeably quicker... The only issue I have with it is the load times for the games & apps section. Everything else is very quick and responsive in my experience and I don't even notice the 3 tiny ads which are generally just store deals etc...

Comment

Working...
                                X