User Tag List

Page 47 of 51 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    Must be something in the water. My 20 month old Xbox One X is playing up badly; Destiny 2 not installing/verifying, E203 error, updates not applying, game saves syncing in past few days and other weirdness (textures not loading in on GR:Wildlands and AC:Odyssey crashing). The nail in the coffin was an electronic screech or scratch sound when trying to re-download Destiny 2. I haven't heard an HDD make that sound since a Maxtor drive gave up the ghost in my then PC.

I could have MS out of warranty repair, replace the HDD myself for anywhere between 45-ish to 100+ for an upgrade or just buy a new Xbox. So last night I took advantage of the current Xbox One X Gears 5 Ltd Edition + FIFA 20 + Division 2 for 399 offer. I should be able to claw some of that back through selling the games and existing Xbox (as faulty). Most expensive but quickest option as I can't be sure a new HDD will fix it and I don't want to be left with an HDD that I don't need if the existing Xbox One X has other probs.

My original Xbox One had a strange ticking noise on the fan and now this. Hopefully third time lucky!

The Gears 5 XBX arrived yesterday. Pleased to say it appears to have resolved the issues I have been having; no error on downloading or sitting on the verification screen within Destiny 2. I don't like the look of it and I'm not a big Gears fan but needed a working XBX.

I thought I'd upload a couple of pictures in case anyone is interested. The way the skull appears to be embedded within the console, paint work, scratches and cracked ice is really well done. This continues onto the underside with the 4 square symbol and splattered snow. I don't necessarily like the startup and shutdown sounds though. The latter made me jump a bit after a far too late night a session on D2.

The Pad is interesting as it has the same impressive paint job on the front but rubberised grips on the underside and textured triggers. Overall the whole thing is actually impressive to look at.

I've just picked up the Gears controller, I already had the Phantom White version which I liked best but I think I've been won over by the Gears one. It's not as clean a look but the texture grip triggers and rear of pad make it nicer to use.

Anyone else get the beta for Streaming? I hesitate to use the term game-changing but WOW it's pretty increabile to stream the games to my Mobile phone and play them more or less with One S quailty gfx with just a tiny amount of lag.

I would have liked to see a Forza game as part of the Beta, but if going forward all games run as good as the likes of Gears on the Cloud its seriously impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Team Andromeda View Post
    Anyone else get the beta for Streaming? I hesitate to use the term game-changing but WOW it's pretty increabile to stream the games to my Mobile phone and play them more or less with One S quailty gfx with just a tiny amount of lag.

I would have liked to see a Forza game as part of the Beta, but if going forward all games run as good as the likes of Gears on the Cloud its seriously impressive
    I streamed from my XBox to my Windows PC the other day. It was pretty good. Noticeable drop in image quality but Divinity Original Sin 2 was still quite playable.
    I remember the first time I streamed from my PS3 to my PSP about 12 years ago, it really was a game changer as I only had one TV at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I remember the first time I streamed from my PS3 to my PSP about 12 years ago, it really was a game changer as I only had one TV at the time.
    That it was it felt like. Its never going to replace the console or the big TV but if X Cloud works as it does on my phone, anywhere there's a decent internet connection and for all the games. It's going to be hugely impressive.

I would have liked to see how the lag works with a racer mind, Halo and Gears were hugely impressive and completely playable even with the lag

Quote Originally Posted by Digfox View Post
    The Gears 5 XBX arrived yesterday. (snip)
    Jokes about "the new one looks broke too" etc.

Looks cool tbh.

I might get myself the Elite v2 controller for Christmas. I've been using the 360 pad with my PC for almost ten years now, so it's time to upgrade.