No announcement yet.

Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Games with Gold you do. I've been able to play them when my Gold sub has expired.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
      Games with Gold you do. I've been able to play them when my Gold sub has expired.
      For the old Xbox 360 games, yes. But not for Xbox One games.

You'll need an Xbox Live Gold membership to claim your games. Xbox One games are yours to play as long as you have an active Gold membership, and Xbox 360 games are yours to keep.

Comment

Ah, that'll be why.

Still, I maintain giving free games when your customer is subscribed to a library system seems a bit silly.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
          Still, I maintain giving free games when your customer is subscribed to a library system seems a bit silly.
          Indeed. But they are a product of their time; ten years ago when Sony introduced them with Plus and then Microsoft had to respond. For Microsoft if most of their users are moving towards Game Pass and a rotating library then GwG doesn't really serve as much of a purpose.

Comment

The system is definitely confusing right now, and needs tidying up. Having both GwG AND Game Pass is not really necessary. But if they take GwG away, they need to replace it with something or reduce the cost of Gold.

It would kinda make sense to make it so the only sub option is GP Ultimate, but the problem with that is then you are gating online play behind a £10.99 p/m sub, which is pretty high (I know there are generally cheap deals online - plus there are a ton of people grandfathered in via the upgrade offers - but that's the RRP). Too high, I reckon.

Perhaps the solution is to switch to a two-tier system:

Game Pass Basic - online play + access to 2 or 3 games from GP per month, selected by MS. (£5 p/m, £50 p/a)
            Game Pass Ultimate - online play + access to the full GP library. (10.99 p/m, £100 p/a)

I think it would certainly be simpler for new customers to understand, at least.

Comment

Everything for £9.99 a month.

Can't say fairer than that guv'nor.

It's a right good jellied eel.

Comment

I think you could just have a free tier with multiplayer. Then Game Pass Ultimate and GP PC. Given that xCloud is being added to Ultimate for no extra charge, I don't think most consumers wouldn't have any problem with GwG being removed. Indeed I think now is a great time to do this. It would put Sony on the back foot.

Comment

Seeing as they have taken the yearly gold away already we will find out soon what their long term plans are. Most likely this week at their big games reveal.

Comment

If MS aims to get Game Pass on other devices it means that the PC version of the service will be the default model in future so axing GWG and Gold seems the way to go to make the service uniform.

Comment

71 ID@Xbox Demos are now live on Xbox, should be a tab on the xbox labelled Summer Game Fest Demos with all of them in there.

They are all linked in the blog post.
                      With ID@Xbox’s Summer Game Fest Demo Event, play 70+ fantastic game demos of unreleased Xbox games.

There are 71 demos in total and I’ve played a few not so great ones but I’m open to trying them all and already have them all downloaded.
                      A few highlights so far from what I’ve played.

Haven - Has a cool intro with music from Danger (Furi - Soundtrack)

The Vale - This one features no visuals, you play a blind protagonist. The game has 3D Audio for movement/combat.

Cris Tales - Interesting time travel based RPG

Scourge Bringer - 2D Pixelart Rougelites can be hit and miss but the combat was fast paced and I enjoyed what I played.

Comment

Still no idea when this will ever make an appearance but it sure looks pretty

Comment

I'm thinking about getting rid of my Xbox One X,but ive got a load of pads floating about not sure what one it came with, is there a way of telling the difference between the X pad and the OG Xbox One pads from appearance? thanks
                          Last edited by Baseley09; 18-08-2020, 14:31.

Comment

There's a rundown of the different pads here:

This page lists all first-party Xbox Wireless controllers that have been designed for Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles. All controllers listed on this page are compatible with all of the previously mentioned consoles. This page contains every controller that has been available through retail outlets, giveaways, sweepstakes, competitions, or given out to specific employees of certain game studios. Four different models of the standard Xbox Wireless controller have been released

There are three main generations, not including Elite pads.

If you're trying to work out which is which between an original, first gen pad and the one that was bundled with a One X, the main obvious difference is that the One X will have a headphone jack and the original pad won't. The One X pad will also have Bluetooth so will be detectable by a PC, whereas the original won't.
                            [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              There's a rundown of the different pads here:

This page lists all first-party Xbox Wireless controllers that have been designed for Xbox One, Xbox Series X and Xbox Series S consoles. All controllers listed on this page are compatible with all of the previously mentioned consoles. This page contains every controller that has been available through retail outlets, giveaways, sweepstakes, competitions, or given out to specific employees of certain game studios. Four different models of the standard Xbox Wireless controller have been released

There are three main generations, not including Elite pads.

If you're trying to work out which is which between an original, first gen pad and the one that was bundled with a One X, the main obvious difference is that the One X will have a headphone jack and the original pad won't. The One X pad will also have Bluetooth so will be detectable by a PC, whereas the original won't.
                              [MENTION=2725]Baseley09[/MENTION]
                              Perfect thanks Wakka.

Comment

The One S pads had Bluetooth as well didn't they?

Comment

Working...
                                X