Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brad View Post
    I remember the first time I streamed from my PS3 to my PSP about 12 years ago, it really was a game changer as I only had one TV at the time.
    That it was it felt like. Its never going to replace the console or the big TV but if X Cloud works as it does on my phone, anywhere there's a decent internet connection and for all the games. It's going to be hugely impressive.

I would have liked to see how the lag works with a racer mind, Halo and Gears were hugely impressive and completely playable even with the lag

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
      The Gears 5 XBX arrived yesterday. (snip)
      Jokes about "the new one looks broke too" etc.

Looks cool tbh.

Comment

I might get myself the Elite v2 controller for Christmas. I've been using the 360 pad with my PC for almost ten years now, so it's time to upgrade.

Comment

TrueAchievements is the home of Xbox achievements for Xbox Series X, Xbox One and all other Xbox platforms. News, guides, leaderboards, reviews and more.

Bleeding Edge will launch on 24 March 2020

Comment

TrueAchievements is the home of Xbox achievements for Xbox Series X, Xbox One and all other Xbox platforms. News, guides, leaderboards, reviews and more.

And Halo Reach may be getting drop released today

Comment

Streets of rage 4 game pass day one. Was this announced before today for gamepass?

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                I've signed up for the xCloud beta, anyone else giving it a go?
                It's the worst gaming experience I've had in a long time.

First bit of the intro was okay when you were just watching a stream ...

... which then became an utter laggy mess. Massive input lag, digital signal breakup, controller disconnects and trying to play Forza Horizon 4 even on the good screening of the Pixel 3 XL is like peering through a letterbox.

It's awful, everything you wouldn't want gaming to be.
                Last edited by MartyG; 15-11-2019, 08:33.

Comment

Wow it’s almost as if they are in beta.

Comment

It's almost as if streaming games is a really bad idea.

Comment

Thanks to both of you for lunchtime giggles

Comment

Marty...

That's strange mate as I've tried out Gears 5 a week back and it was very playable. A noticeable delay but nothing that ruined the experience both in multiplayer and campaign.

I'd even say my speeds are similar to yours on BT fibre and I'm using a pixel 2 XL. So no idea why it would lag so bad for you. Maybe I'll give Forza Horizon a go...

Comment

I regret not signing up for this now. I thought I wouldn't have time or interest to try xCloud but I'm tempted now. I've just registered in case they do let more in.

[MENTION=42]MartyG[/MENTION] - nice upload. Unfortunately as a Virgin Media customer 35Mbps upload is the best I can get. Also what's your router out of interest?

Re: XO19 some interesting stuff, although disappointed to absolutely nothing on Scarlett. Perhaps understandable. Anyway Rage 2 tonight. Woot.

Comment

I'll give it a go at home, but that rather defeats the object of playing on the go, it does seem this service wants a lot of bandwidth (so not a chance I'm going to let it access 4G, it'll wipe that data cap out in no time), so it's possible it's just network congestion on the LAN here.

It's not just the laggyness though; these games aren't well optomised for the screen size, some of the text in these games is completely unreadable as it's so small. They're meant to be played on a 40"+ TV :/

[MENTION=2982]Digfox[/MENTION] - this is at work, we're on the JANET network here; I think there's a DrayTek Vigor that splits our office, but there are other switches involved which VLAN everyone in the building.
                            Last edited by MartyG; 15-11-2019, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                              [MENTION=2982]Digfox[/MENTION] - this is at work, we're on the JANET network here; I think there's a DrayTek Vigor that splits our office, but there are other switches involved which VLAN everyone in the building.
                              Ah OK. Tbh I don't think corporate or enterprise networks are a valid usecase. Most will block streaming or gaming platforms. And there is an increase in monitoring staff non-work activity which is another reason for not doing this on work networks.

I think most will use this on 4G/5G or home connections. Maybe with the odd hotel or public WiFi access. In that sense there seems to be good feedback on xCloud that I have seen although I'm sure there are people struggling with it.

I don't have 5G but have unlimited data on Three so another reason I'd like to at least test it.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                                Ah OK. Tbh I don't think corporate or enterprise networks are a valid usecase. Most will block streaming or gaming platforms. And there is an increase in monitoring staff non-work activity which is another reason for not doing this on work networks.
                                We don't have any filtering in place and it's a good backbone on the JANET network, so it should be almost ideal given the upstream and low contention ratio to site. I might try plugging the phone in via a USB RJ45 network dongle which eliminates work wireless completely and see how that is (we do have quite a lot of different competing wireless networks on site). Will try on my wifi in a bit.

Edit - it's streaming better on my home wifi, but input lag is still an issue - every streaming service I've tried is the same on this front, there's a noticible delay for me and it makes it feel like I haven't pushed the buttons properly, so I end up doing it twice. It makes KI seem like you're playing with gloves on (and it's one of the worst for tiny screen text).

I honestly don't see the appeal of this - unless the games are optomised for the smaller screen, lag aside it's still not going to be a good experience.
                                Last edited by MartyG; 15-11-2019, 17:31.

Comment

Working...
                                X