No announcement yet.

Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I miss the faceplates. They were cool. I have a carbon one and a Deathsmiles

Comment

That does look pretty nice. The block design just looks like a slab of concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        I had a press-only "I love Amsterdam" one from some conference held there in 2005, I think. I ended up selling it for a high price.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
          I was sort of expecting Nintendo to go with faceplates for the Switch Mini...

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
            Another UI change is inbound:]
            It's still slower than crippled tortoise for me. I suspect it's fine if you have a dozen or so games installed, but when you reach 500, it like scrolling through treacle.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
              It's still slower than crippled tortoise for me. I suspect it's fine if you have a dozen or so games installed, but when you reach 500, it like scrolling through treacle.
              Seems ok for me. I've got an 8TB Seagate drive plugged in with about 380 games. After the initial spin up of the drive it's pretty good. Feels about the same as before tbh.

Comment

I don't think it's a drive issue (I have 2 x 4TB Seagate portables), it's Microsoft's side. If I yank the Ethernet cable and run it offline I don't have any problems with responsiveness.

Comment

Mine is currently not net connected and seems quick but sparse. Is this the new ui? Like it shows the disc I have inserted and maybe 2 more games and an all apps button I think and that’s it. The top bar has gone.

Comment

Support Xbox by watching live, liking, following or sending Stars.

MS's own stream show is on now. Currently discussing Atlas which comes out 08 October and is basically Sea of Thieves.

Edit - Ha ha, just saw on Era some gameplay etc and it looks awful in practice.
                    Last edited by Neon Ignition; 24-09-2019, 22:08.

Comment

Just watched 30 seconds of dry middle aged man talk to dry slightly older man.

Made me sleepy. Time for bed.

Comment

Can't get past the expectation that gamers will forget xCloud exists as soon as it launches.

Also, am I right? Is Battletoads the only MS exclusive left for the console now?
                        Last edited by Neon Ignition; 24-09-2019, 22:27.

Comment

Is Battletoads the only MS exclusive left for the console now?
                          Nope , and I think people are going to be amazed with the Xcloud

Comment

Can't get past the expectation that gamers will forget xCloud exists as soon as it launches.

Also, am I right? Is Battletoads the only MS exclusive left for the console now?
                            This year?

The obvious ones are Ori and Ages of Empires

No doubt there are a bunch of others that will hit game pass or the store which are xbox only, but nobody ever wants to talk about those

Comment

What else do they have coming? I know there'll be something like Halo: Infinite and Forza 8 likely next year but they're effectively next-gen titles now. I've tried searching but it's all out of date lists or small indie titles coming up.

XCloud, I can see the value of the tech to MS but for gamers I just don't think there's an audience that cares about what it offers in terms of people carrying XBO controllers around to play on their phones chomping their data or battling with ropey wi-fi connections out and about. Well worth establishing itself, especially for non-Xbox purposes, but otherwise redundant.

Comment

Boris got in there before my post I'm assuming we're hitting the XBO's deathstrike year then where it'll have no major exclusives because of the next gen arrival and so hardware sales will finally completely collapse as a result?

Comment

Working...
                                X