No announcement yet.

Xbox One: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When it launched there was an issue with it encoding YCC to RGB then back again which created non reference colours you might happen to know about ignorance you have a calibrated display, but that is literally the only issue I’ve ever known about

Comment

I believe that chroma issue was fixed ages ago. Apparently everyone apart from Panasonic was doing the same thing with their UHD players. I must admit even on a calibrated I couldn’t tell the difference.

Comment

That’s good to hear. The One S is a fine 1080 BD player (although it’s a bit weird that you have to download the player software). It’s a shame about the DVD playback though, it’s pretty poor. The PS3 was a beast of a DVD player, great upscaling. Of course, that’s because a lot more people cared about DVD playback in 2006!

Comment

Xbox Live Gold is going up in price from £40 to £50 per annum. Brings it in-line with PS+. Messages on the Xbox platform are live now with the news.

Xbox Live Gold price increases in UK due to 'market conditions' [Windows Central]

It looks like prices for Xbox Live Gold in the United Kingdom are going up. Due to the Brexit situation in the country, the price of the pound has shifted in front of the dollar. Microsoft is seemingly distributing messages to Xbox Live Gold members as a result, indicating they'll soon be paying £50 a year, instead of £40. The same goes for the 3-month subscription which is going from £15 to £18.

Edit: the Live messages states the change on the 3-month subs (£14.99 to 17.99) is effective as of 8th May 2019.
          Last edited by Digfox; 04-04-2019, 11:00.

Comment

Surprised it took this long - I originally thought Microsoft would follow suit as soon as Sony put their price up.

Comment

Can't really argue with it given it's no higher than Sony and PS+ recently became worse value for its price but still, that's some weak reasoning

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                That’s good to hear. The One S is a fine 1080 BD player (although it’s a bit weird that you have to download the player software).
                That’s so MS doesn’t have to pay the licensing on consoles that aren’t being used for Blu-Ray playback.

Comment

Ah, interesting!

Comment

Official reveal confirms all the details with no surprises.

Same for the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Tier that merges in a Gold Subscription for $14.99 per month

Comment

These 1X patches are so good

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                        These 1X patches are so good

Played through Conviction like 3 weeks ago. So typical. Think it's 576p or some ****. Need to pick up Blacklist for that 4k.

Comment

If I’m playing a game via game pass, and I still have a game pass subscription and that game is removed from game pass will I no longer be able to play it?

Ta.

Comment

If the game is removed from game pass you will need to purchase the game to continue to play.

Comment

I play games so slowly these days that game pass is simply a try before you buy from me then. I get that there are more games available at any one time than ps+ but the Sony solution works better for me. Was deciding whether to cancel pass or +.

How often do they remove them? I’ve been playing state of decay 2 on and off for several months but am now worried they’ll get rid of it soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                                I play games so slowly these days that game pass is simply a try before you buy from me then. I get that there are more games available at any one time than ps+ but the Sony solution works better for me. Was deciding whether to cancel pass or +.

How often do they remove them? I’ve been playing state of decay 2 on and off for several months but am now worried they’ll get rid of it soon.
                                They don't remove first party games as far as I know, so SoD 2 is safe. They remove games every month but there's not a cycle set in stone or anything, it's not like a game can only be on there for six months for example.

Last edited by Nico87; 10-05-2019, 16:23.

Comment

Working...
                                X