No announcement yet.

Doctor Who Regeneration 03: Reversing the Polarity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I reckon you’re probably right. I can’t imagine they would lean heavily on the previous stuff at all. That said, Disney are leading now with essentially two franchises that they are running in such an interconnected way, each new thing almost asking the audiences to have watched the last thing, that maybe they’ll try to strike a balance - a fresh jumping on point and yet an invitation to revisit the rest of the content too.

Comment

It would make sense for them to drop the prior seasons on there over time. If they plan spin-offs too you eventually build toward having an entire subchannel dedicated to it like Star Wars or Marvel has.

Comment

Each of the three 2023 specials with Tennant will be 1 hour long

Comment

Reportedly the 15th Doctor's companion will be announced during Children in Need tonight

Comment

Gatwa's "Doctor Who" Companion Revealed - Dark Horizons
            Coronation Street actress Millie Gibson will be Gatwa's 15th Doctor companion

Comment

So many first wanks.

Comment

Gatwa's "Doctor Who" Series Begins Filming - Dark Horizons
                Doctor Who: Season 14 has begun production with the announcement confirming that Whittaker's Tardis exterior survives the coming regeneration cycle

RTD has confirmed that there are four Specials before Season 14 begins which seems to confirm speculation that Tennants three episodes will air over the course of next year leading to the winter when it is the shows 60th Anniversary, at that point he will regenerate into Gatwa who will fully debut in an Xmas 2023 special ahead of the full season in April 2024.

Comment

The upcoming series of 'Doctor Who' will be shorter than usual, comprising of just eight episodes.

RTD has confirmed that all three of Tennant's specials will air in November 2023, Gatwa will then debut in the Xmas 2023 special and his recent preview clip against a cloudy backdrop has been confirmed to be digitally altered to hide the real background. Gatwa's Series 14 will then air in 2024 and will be 8 episodes long with an Xmas special every year moving forward. The show will also air a new series every year consistently with the number of episodes increasing over time as production settles into a set pattern.

Comment

It seems so weird to me to announce all this and give all this info so far in advance. I guess they wanted to get ahead of leaks but it just feels weird to have announced a new Doctor some time ago who will only get a series in 2024.

Comment

I don't understand why they don't keep a new Who a secret until we actually see the regeneration on screen. Imagine all the hype and potential viewing figures that would bring.

Comment

Supposedly it's largely because there's so much exterior shooting that there's no way to contain the leaks so either they allow the media the exclusive on it or get ahead of them.

With the production info, I think RTD is keen to reassure as much as possible. The show hasn't been in a proper production cycle for around seven years now and it was one of the reasons why Capaldi soured on his time on the show. The BBC has spent years running the show into the ground so presumably RTD is eager to be vocal to win over disillusioned fans as well as the new Disney investors.

Comment

The new costume. It's not great but these things tend to tweak as time goes on barring Whittakers.

Comment

That’s dull. Why can’t they let the Doctor have a different outfit in each story?

Comment

Comment

Ever focused on time travel, the 2023 Specials trailer is out and you really will feel like you've gone back in time

Comment

Working...
                                X