No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not trying to be a told you so nob about it. However in buying a console your buying a closed system, it’s always been the norm that they won’t be compatible with each other, it’s only MS with such a pc & console interest that have removed SOME of those barriers with MS store, even still it’s not the norm.

However are Sony in the wrong locking everything to a PSN account if it’s linked even once? Yes I suspect they will have to cave on that and in-lock the epic accounts.

Comment

When I first heard about the issue, I thought it’s a bunch of entitled pricks wanting everything the way they like it but the idea that the account would become tainted as a result of playing on a PS4 is absolutely ridiculous. I’ve read many posts by people who logged in on PS4s belonging to friends and family without knowing about this.

What I can’t fathom is why people weren’t made aware of this. Epic must have known the accounts would be tainted but it seems to only have gained traction now with the Switch version.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
        When I first heard about the issue, I thought it’s a bunch of entitled pricks wanting everything the way they like it but the idea that the account would become tainted as a result of playing on a PS4 is absolutely ridiculous. I’ve read many posts by people who logged in on PS4s belonging to friends and family without knowing about this.

What I can’t fathom is why people weren’t made aware of this. Epic must have known the accounts would be tainted but it seems to only have gained traction now with the Switch version.
        Completely agree. How could EPIC allow this to happen?

It's not Sony's game, or game servers. Sony didn't do anything to your Switch or Xbox or PS4 for that matter; they linked a PS4 account to an Epic one and Epic wrote some code that stops Fortnite working on other consoles if that link is in place.

A ****ty request by Sony (I'm assuming Sony asked for this, why else would it be there), implemented by Epic. I see that there are #BLAMESONY and #BLAMEEPIC tags out there on that twitter. Between them they could sort this. Thing is, if it gets sorted then Sony will be out of pocket because people can buy stuff through e.g. Nintendo rather than them, and so will Epic because people that would have been forced to buy things twice will no longer have to.

Comment

Question - I went through CEX yesterday and saw they had Killzone: Shadowfall for £3. As my PS4 is on its way in the post, I'm thinking of doing what I did when I got a PS3 - heading to CEX and grabbing a bunch of games that are sub-£5, because back when I did that on the PS3 I managed to get a few great introductions to the platform (like Heavenly Sword). Any specific titles people feel I should look out for?

Comment

Metal gear solid 5

Comment

I ended up getting Killzone Shadowfall and Bladestorm Nightmare for a tenner. They'll do; really I just wanted something to stick in the machine when it arrives.

Comment

Could probably have bought something good with that tenner.

Comment

MGS5 Definitive Edition is £8 on the PS Store right now(£12 at CeX). It comes with Ground Zeroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    I ended up getting Killzone Shadowfall and Bladestorm Nightmare for a tenner. They'll do; really I just wanted something to stick in the machine when it arrives.
                    Reckon you've probably saved that copy of Killzone from ending up buried in the desert with ET 2600

Comment

PS Tag: QualityChimp
                      Come find me, [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION].

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                        Could probably have bought something good with that tenner.
                        That could have been 8 games in a flash sale.

Comment

Or one good game!

Comment

Or the Goat Simulator bundle!

Including the "Waste of Space" expansion:
                            • Crowdfund a space colony and get other people to pay for it and do all the work!
                            • Endless space full of planets to visit. But seriously it would take forever to go there so why bother
                            • There is one planet nearby though. Go to that one
                            • Fly and shoot stuff in space, because nobody makes games about flying and shooting in space anymore
                            • Learn how to be a real bridge commander!
                            • The biggest map in goat simulator history, filled to the brim with exclusive content.

Comment

Originally posted by speedlolita View Post
                              Or one good game!
                              This cracks me up. When the PS4 came out, I reacted negatively to the reveal of Killzone Shadowfall, because I felt that whilst it looked good, the gameplay in it looked dull. Prettier corridors, prettier backdrops, but the same braindead "AI" enemies shuffling forward to get killed by my rocket launcher which can blow up a person but can only leave black marks on scenery.

I was verbally eviscerated for pointing this out.

So now I see it for £3 and I pick it up out of curiosity to see if I was wrong, and people are saying en masse that it was a bad game.

Comment

It is though. Franchise killingly bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X