No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was on Shopto before 10am.Had the page up but no pre order tab.Kept refreshing it and at 1012 “Sold Out”.Not once did the tab become available.FECK you Shopto

Comment

Shopto came available to buy at 10:10.

Comment

You could pre-order on Amazon as of about 5am, that’s when I got mine...

Comment

They are up at GAME.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
            Pre-orders weren't supposed to be live until 10am. I have been checking Amazon since 9am. Grr.

Well they haven't come back up on Amazon, so missed that then, still saved £450. No PS4 Pro for me, not really interested in the none limited edition model given how little I use my current PS4.
            Do you believe you would use a limited edition Pro more than a non-limited edition Pro? The games play identical on both, man.

Comment

Indeed it is a luxury item with no discernible benefit. Small pluses possibly from the included stand, camera and larger HDD but it's not logical to want one if you already have a Pro.

Still looks lovely tho

EDIT: Actually a few etailers/retailers not discussed so far carrying these (Very, PC World/Currys), more at Eurogamer:

Update 24/08/2018: It turns out, US retailers decided to skip the whole pre-order business and just put the consoles up…
              Last edited by Digfox; 14-08-2018, 10:08.

Comment

I managed to get the Buy button to appear on ShopTo when they went live, but the website was really struggling and I couldn't complete before they went out of stock. Game went live just after half 10. Despite being ****e in just about all areas, though, their website coped with the demand totally fine. Don't know why all retailers can't manage that if Game can.

Comment

GAME.co.uk, Very and PC World/Curry's out of stock now. Smyths showing at store collection only.

Originally posted by endo View Post
                  I managed to get the Buy button to appear on ShopTo when they went live, but the website was really struggling and I couldn't complete before they went out of stock. Game went live just after half 10. Despite being ****e in just about all areas, though, their website coped with the demand totally fine. Don't know why all retailers can't manage that if Game can.
                  I suspect GAME probably have a more robust infrastructure or invested more in their backend systems. That said it could be that Shopto have higher traffic/volume of customers given how devalued the GAME brand is now in the UK.

Comment

Wish I knew about this before now. lol

Comment

Originally posted by endo View Post
                      Snap. I have no idea if mine went through, I've always found shopto site crap at the best of times

Comment

I had it all good to go with ShopTo, realised that although it's smart looking I'd really prefer a black one when the time is right, didn't need the camera etc so didn't bother. I suppose I could've been a scumbag and bought to chuck on eBay, but I'm too lazy even for that.

Comment

Trying to order a controller from Smyth's and the website has gone down.

Comment

Aaaaaaand the scalpers ruin things yet again.

If anyone has a second confirmed pre order for one please pm superking on here, he’s looking for one. Many thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                              Aaaaaaand the scalpers ruin things yet again.

If anyone has a second confirmed pre order for one please pm superking on here, he’s looking for one. Many thanks.
                              You can still get the controller on Amazon:

Comment

I just wanted a transparent console.

Comment

Working...
                                X