Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
    This New PS4 Controller Is Riffing Hard on Microsoft's Super Customizable Controller In a Very Good Way

"One of the best controllers you can get for your PC or Xbox is the super customizable Microsoft Elite, but if you’re a PS4 fan you’ll have to go to third party peripheral maker Scuf to get any kind of customization. We’ve liked Scufs PS4 controllers in the past quite a bit, but its latest PS4 controller, the Vantage, throws out the PS4 design to create a hybrid even Microsoft would be proud of.

First there are the paddles on the back that a Microsoft Elite owner (or previous Scuf owner) will be familiar with. Previous Scuf PS4 controllers had only 2 paddles. The Vantage squeezes in two more, plus a few more buttons, a slew of customization options, and some much-needed audio controls. At $170 it ain’t cheap (it’s $40 more than Scuf’s next priciest PS4 controller), and all those buttons seem like overkill, but I suppose that’s the price you pay if you’re a professional gamer who wants to maintain the upper hand—or a more casual one who wants to beat their friends."

US-only though.
    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
      SIE's CEO has said that PS4 is now entering the final stages of its cycle that will see the console play host to a bolstered line up of new ip's, sequels to previously stand alone titles and some reboots.
      Hopefully, they've had a quick look at out remake/reboot request thread!

-US software sales in April 2018 set a new record for Playstation 4, beating the previous record held by the Xbox 360.
      -US hardware sales in April 2018 also broke the record with the PS4 selling the most units since the Wii back in 2009.
      -The Dual Shock 4 Controller is now the highest selling controller ever in the US
      Man, Microsoft did so well with the 360.
      Built from the solid start of the original Xbox and made it this amazing system that pulled together games, online and media into one super console.

Then pissed it all away with the One's E3 launch.

Two paragraphs in your link that says it all:
      "Sony has sold more than 73 million PlayStation 4 consoles since its launch in November of 2013, more than double that of its main rival the Xbox One. PS4 took the early edge thanks to XB1’s disastrous launch which tried to sell the console as a dedicated always online media hub that happened to play games vs. Sony’s dedication to the device as a games machine.

Sony also had the most powerful non-PC console on the market and held that position easily until the arrival of the Xbox One X late last year. Despite the rival’s upgrade, the PS4 & PS4 Pro continues to easily outsell the competition – helped by a far bigger collection of ongoing exclusives whereas Microsoft has come under major fire for their lack of them."

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        US-only though.
        Importing never normally stops you, J0e!

Comment

Importing never normally stops you, J0e!
          You'd have to go through a proxy service to do it as the site completely blocks you out. At $200 for the controller alone, that'd work out mighty expensive.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Ah, shame.
            Maybe it'll reach us eventually.
            Nice to know there are some other options available as I think the stick placement is better on the Xbox pad.

Comment

Ugly looking Days of Play PS4 Slim incoming

Comment

Ah, shame.
                Maybe it'll reach us eventually.
                Nice to know there are some other options available as I think the stick placement is better on the Xbox pad.
                Scuffs build quality is pretty poor, out of all my friends with scuff pads we've had broken paddles, degrading plastic, broken buttons and faluty sticks, one of my Friends pads was DOA, their certainly not the build quality you expect when your buying a £200 pad.

Comment

Well kids and teenagers spend mainly and they are stupid compared to us oldies. They don't know how it used to be.

Comment

I sort of like this, but it needs to be a little more subtle.... silver on a white console maybe?

Comment

Sony have announced that starting tomorrow they will be counting down to E3 2018 with daily announcements leading up to their presentation. The schedule of reveals is:

Tomorrow: Announcement of a new PS4 game that has PSVR support
                      Thursday: Announcement of a release date for a PS4 exclusive
                      Friday: Announcement of a new PS4 exclusive
                      Saturday: Announcement of a new PSVR game
                      Sunday: Showcase of an eagerly anticipated game for PSVR

Comment

I'm glad PSVR is getting some love! Great news!

Comment

Hope there's some news on a Tempest 4000 release date. It's been a long time coming.

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                            I sort of like this, but it needs to be a little more subtle.... silver on a white console maybe?
                            I like the shade of blue.

Comment

I'm hoping the Thursday one is the release date for TLOU2. Spidey is September, Days Gone is known for 2019 (probably a similar slot to GoW) so maybe they'll announce TLOU2 for September next year as a last hurrah for PS4.

EDIT: Scratch that. It'll be the release date for ****ing DREAMS won't it?!

Comment

Dreams does sound like it's getting close to release but, though I may be wrong and they also might not need one with RDR2 incoming, Sony seems to be without a key AAA Xmas big hitter so I could potentially see LoU2 being that E3 big announcement

Comment

Working...
                                X