No announcement yet.

Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They sold 117 million PS4's, I doubt you're sitting on a goldmine.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
        They sold 117 million PS4's, I doubt you're sitting on a goldmine.

With the PS5 being backwards compatible with PS4 you're probably right. PS1's never really inflated in price because you could play PS1 games on PS2 AND PS3.

A brand new sealed PS3 on the other hand goes for a decent price these days because that's more unique, a lot of PS3 games are still locked on that system.

Comment

All I can think of is that the firmware version on your PS4 might be useful if it can be haxxxored down the line.

Comment

While £100 isn’t a bad deal, they haven’t even discontinued the PS4 yet. Just open it and use it.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
              While £100 isn’t a bad deal, they haven’t even discontinued the PS4 yet. Just open it and use it.
              I don't think they've been manufacturing PS4 hardware for a number of years now.

Comment

Oh really?! OK, I stand corrected, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  Oh really?! OK, I stand corrected, sorry.
                  Doing a little more research it looks as if it may have been as recent as last year. Going by (Japanese) sales figures alone though I gathered that what was being sold was existing stock. When you factor in the production issues early in the PS5 lifespan that felt like the time they actually ramped down production.

Comment

Working...
                  X