Playstation 4: Thread 06 - Discontinued Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    You want a 7216B. This is the latest revision and is the quietest PS4 Pro available.
    That's what I've got and it's a long way from being what I'd consider "quiet". Hate to think how loud the earlier models were

Comment

Originally posted by BearBoy View Post
      That's what I've got and it's a long way from being what I'd consider "quiet". Hate to think how loud the earlier models were
      I have a launch model and it legit drowns out the TV. Loudest console I've ever owned by some distance. I actually just don't use it at all for this reason.

Comment

Firmware 8.00 update comes out today.

Here are some of the key features in this update:

Updates to Party and Messages

Following this update, Party and Messages will be more tightly linked together and you will see changes to the UI. Both apps will now use the same ‘Groups’ of players for Party voice chats and message exchanges, instead of having different groups setup across the two apps. So now you can start a Party chat or send a message to the group you’ve previously chatted with across PS4, as well as PS5 when it launches.
        New Avatars

We’re expanding the collection of pre-set avatars for players to showcase on their Profile. An array of new avatars from your favorite games will be available, including Bloodborne, Journey, Ghost of Tsushima, God of War, The Last of Us Part II, The Last of Us Remastered, Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End and many more.
        Mute all Mics from Quick Menu

We’ve added an option to “Mute all Microphones” in the Quick Menu, so you can easily mute your mics while gaming.
        Simplified and more flexible Parental Controls

Under Parental Controls, we’re combining the ‘Communicating with Other Players’ and ‘Viewing Content Created by other Players’ into one setting – ‘Communication and User Generated Content’- to cover both areas of communication and UGC sharing. This offers a simpler setting that’s easier for parents to understand and apply to their children.
        In addition, children can send a request to their parents to use communications features in specific games. When a child sends this request, the parent will receive an email notification and can choose to make an exception for that game and allow the child to use its communications and UGC features. This will provide more flexibility to both parents and children.
        Enhanced 2-Step Verification

The 2-Step Verification (2SV) feature on PS4 will be enhanced to support third party authenticator apps as an option during the activation flow and 2SV sign-in across PS4, mobile and web.
        Removal of Event Creation and Private Community Creation

After 8.00, you will no longer be able to create Events or access existing Events created by other users.
        We’re also removing the ability to create private Communities under the Community app on PS4. If you already have existing private Communities, you can continue to access them.
        Updates to Remote Play App on Mobile and PC

At the same time as 8.00, the existing PS4 Remote Play app on mobile (iOS/Android), Windows PC and Mac, will change its name to PS Remote Play, and the option to connect to PS5 will be added. You’ll need to sign in to PSN from your PS5 to be able to access the feature, so sit tight until PS5 launches this November!
        As a reminder, a PS4 system with a wired connection via a LAN cable is recommended to download the update.

Comment

Halloween sale on the PS Store today.

If you like your Metroidvanias, The Mummy Demastered and Sundered are £7.99 and £3.99 respectively.

Comment

Just went to go and check as I could've sworn The Mummy Demastered was meant to be coming to Limited Run, but it seems that complications had them push it back an undisclosed number of months from its originally intended July window. Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
              Firmware 8.00 update comes out today.
              And based on the responses to the tweet announcing it (see here), it's screwed up friends/parties entirely. Whoops.

Originally posted by fuse View Post
              Just went to go and check as I could've sworn The Mummy Demastered was meant to be coming to Limited Run, but it seems that complications had them push it back an undisclosed number of months from its originally intended July window. Hmm.
              ... and right on cue...

Comment

I'm reading reports that the new update is not only terrible, it breaks your playstation. People saying it won't turn off, or come out of safe mode.
                I haven't really had chance to use it yet.

Comment

Mine automatically updated to 8.00 last night. I've only used Netflix today and it's been fine so far.

Unfortunately, the PS4 is only letting me use my mobile phone for MFA. I tried my UK, JP and US accounts but it's the same thing.
                  Last edited by randombs; 15-10-2020, 10:03.

Comment

Party chat is complete crap now as well.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      Party chat is complete crap now as well.
                      Could you elaborate please? How can something so simple become a poop show?

Comment

Been linked in with messages so you can’t now simply go and create a party. Whole thread on era detailing it.

Comment

Hey, Playstation 4 question. How much of a "must" is the Pro?

with the PS5 out soon, PS4s are going cheap on eBay, and as I don't have a 4k TV, does the Pro make much difference?

I know that some games were given modes that let them run in 60fps on the pro, which is important to me, but is that many games or just a few? I don't care about high resolution (like I'd take 720p60 over any higher with 30fps), just 60fps.

Comment

[MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION]

Not a definitive list

It's missing Judgment, TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima for a start but it gives you some idea.
                            Last edited by teddymeow; 27-10-2020, 08:14.

Comment

^^^ [MENTION=5941]Asura[/MENTION] ^^^

Comment

That's what I said. No going back and editing the post whatsoever. Nosireebob!!

Nope, never......

Comment

Working...
                                X