No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope they reshoot that using a light so I can see something.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
      Hope they reshoot that using a light so I can see something.
      Yeah, not gonna be able to watch that for the same reason I couldn't watch... Umm... I want to say NCIS? It was one of those procedural forensic shows where they spent all their time SITTING IN DARKNESS.

Comment

The upcoming DC Universe streaming platform has announced one more title set to join its ranks, a live-action “Stargirl” series, making it the seventh overall new show to be announced for the service. The story follows high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore who inspires an unlikely group of young heroes to stop the villains of the […]

The DCU streaming service has added a seventh DC show to its planned line up, this time they're making a show based on Stargirl.
        The show will launch next year and adds to the live action slate that includes Titans, Doom Patrol, Metropolis and Swamp Thing.

Animation wise, the service will be launching Harley Quinn and Young Justice: Outsiders

Comment

As we know, Syfy’s “The Expanse” series has found a new home at Amazon Prime for its fourth season. The third season finale sees a dramatic change-up to the universe of the series – opening up the scale of the series to something even more epic as it moves out into the galaxy. Speaking about […]

The showrunner of salvaged sci-fi show The Expanse has said that with its move to Amazon Prime they are no longer bound by being fixed to 43 minute episodes and the increased budget allows them to mine the source material and properly show the more open galaxy.

Comment

Ricky Strauss, a successful marketer, has been given oversight of original films and TV shows for Disney’s coming streaming service. Does he have what it takes?

Some reports on the Disney Netflix rival launching next year:

-Made for the service movies are being lined up for the first year or so of operation including: Timmy Failure, The Lady and the Tramp, The Sword and the Stone, Togo, Noelle, Three Men and a Baby, The Paper Magician, Stargirl and Don Quixote
            -The live action ten episode $100m Star Wars Live Action Series will be homed on the service
            -High School Musical episodic spin-off
            -Monsters Inc episodic spin-off
            -New The Muppets show
            -New Marvel shows
            -Star Wars: The Clone Wars Season 6
            -R/18 rated content not allowed on the service
            -From March 2019, all Disney releases including MCU movies will appear on the Disney Service. No new releases will appear on Netflix in future and they will also allow the current licensing deal to expire with Netflix meaning in time every Disney owned property will be removed for films
            -They plan to allow currently airing Netflix MCU shows such as The Punisher, Daredevil, Jessica Jones etc to continue on Netflix despite the new service launch
            -National Geographic content may be made available
            -Shows coming in from Fox such as The Simpsons, Family Guy etc will remain on Hulu rather than the new service

Comment

The DCU streaming service will cost $74.99 per year or $7.99 per month, those who preorder their subscription get and extra three months free

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/am...mpression=true

The DCU streaming service will cost $74.99 per year or $7.99 per month, those who preorder their subscription get and extra three months free
                But what's on it? Other than twenty disconnected, disjointed and inconsistent super-hero shows?

Comment

Yeah seems like a very tough sell. I know people like those shows but will they pay $75 for them? How did that CBS service work out? Isn’t Star Trek Discovery exclusive to that in the US? Feels like having all these separate services will result in a lot of losers, including the audiences.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                    Yeah seems like a very tough sell. I know people like those shows but will they pay $75 for them? How did that CBS service work out? Isn’t Star Trek Discovery exclusive to that in the US? Feels like having all these separate services will result in a lot of losers, including the audiences.
                    Yep; I mean I love Trek and loved Discovery, but I watched it on Netflix here in the UK. I wouldn't have paid for a service just for that.

I think this is weird for me because it differs from my formative experiences with TV. In the USA, there was the expectation that everything on a channel was made by that channel holder. Fox had a channel full of Fox shows, CBS had a channel full of CBS shows, ditto for HBO and so on.

We had Sky from quite an early point (~1990) which gave us Sky One, Sky Movies, as well as the UK channels at the time, BBC1/2, ITV and Channel 4. While all these channels made their own shows, that was only part of their offering; there was the understanding that a TV channel in the UK shows some of their own entertainment and sources other shows from private companies. Case in point, in my childhood, both The Simpsons and Star Trek shows were on both Sky One, BBC2 and in some cases Channel 4, perhaps even at the same time.

So the idea of a company like CBS or Warner having their own network is just weird to me. I can't believe they think they'll have enough material. Disney can probably just do it, but only because they've been putting out content for nearly a century, and I'm aware they have some content from 60 years ago which is as watchable today as it was then.

Comment

The case is almost closed on a second Veronica Mars revival. Hulu is nearing a deal to order an eight-episode revival of the beloved series, with Kristen Bell reprising her titular role. News of the project arrives four years after the fan-funded Veronica Mars feature film hit theaters. Back in 2016, Bell confirmed our initial […]

Hulu are said to be close to locking down an 8 episode revival one off season of Veronica Mars

Brendan Fraser will play Robotman, aka Cliff Steele, in DC Universe's forthcoming series "Doom Patrol" — get more details!

Whilst the DC Streaming service has cast Brendan Fraser as Robotman in Doom Patrol

Comment

Finally it looks as if Disney’s long in the works direct-to-consumer streaming service may have a name – Disney Play. That’s the name that Disney CEO Bob Iger has reportedly been using around the office to call the service according to a new feature piece in Variety. Said feature explores how the various studios are […]

Disney's streaming service rival to Netflix is said to be called Disney Play

Comment

Holy streaming services Batman! The launch of DC Universe Digital Subscription Service has been set for Sept. 15, which is “Batman Day”, appropriately. Warner Bros. Television also announced that they will host the world premiere of the new original series Titans at New York Comic-Con Oct. 3 before debuting on the service on Oct. 12. The news was announced during […]

The DCU Streaming Service has set a launch of 15 September 2018. The new series Titans will launch on 12 October 2018

Comment

Alan Tudyk (“Firefly,” “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”) has officially signed on to play DC supervillain Mr. Nobody in the upcoming live-action “Doom Patrol” series for the streaming service DC Universe. The story deals with a group of outcasts – Robotman (Brendan Fraser & Jake Michaels), Negative Man (Dwain Murphy), Elasti-Woman (April Bowlby) and […]

Alan Tudyk will play Mr Nobody in Doom Patrol for the DCU service

Comment

Set photo's have shown character costumes from next years Doom Patrol on DCU Service

Comment

Meh, if experience has taught us anything it's that set costumes give very little idea of how a final movie will look.

Comment

Working...
                                X