No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Star has launched and it's interesting. There's way more on it that I might actually watch. Instantly Disney+ becomes much more attractive. So I feel like it's a huge win... and yet I have to wonder what it does for the brand because it sort of just throws it into being another Netflix now. I'm sure that won't do them any harm but it is a change. They had such a clear brand focus when they launched.

Comment

It feels like added value for the grown-ups who pay for it. I'm happy to be subbing for another year.

Comment

I (and the kids) watched everything I wanted to on Disney+ in a month and cancelled. I don't think that's a viable model. It needs change like this.

Comment

Literally the only thing I have watched on it was The Mandalorian.

Comment

I've cancelled Netflix and Disney+. Sticking with just Prime Video.

Comment

With the addition of star it makes Disney + much more appealing, i was bored with what was on D+ and if it wasn't for my other half and daughter it would have been binned.

Netflix is now in line for getting the axe, with the recent price hike the decision is much easier, as for amazon, aside for having a poor selection and the video/audio quality is not great on a lot of older titles and if i didn't use prime delivery a lot its just a bonus that its "free" with prime, if was a separate cost it would go.

Comment

Here's the trailer for Army of the Dead that releases on Netflix on 21 May 2021

As part of its three-hour presentation on Wednesday afternoon to promote next week’s Paramount+ launch, executives from ViacomCBS touted some ambitious TV plans for their re-branded CBS All Access service. Around 30,000 episodes of television are expected to be included at launch with 36 original series to air within the first year. Those include new […]

Paramount have announced more projects for Paramount+ including a revival of the show Ray Donovan.

They're also reviving Inside Amy Schumer, Rugrats and The Real World. However, Paramount has cancelled The Twilight Zone.

The first image has been revealed of Kenneth Branagh as Boris Johnson in Sky's The Sceptred Isle in which he almost looks more like Trump.

“Love Story,” “Fatal Attraction,” “The Parallax View,” “The Italian Job” and “Flashdance” – five of the most iconic titles of the Paramount Pictures library are getting TV series adaptations for the Paramount+ service. The five shows join the already announced “Grease: Rise of the Pink Ladies” prequel and “The Offer” which deals with the making […]

Paramount+ is also developing series based on The Italian Job, Flashdance, Fatal Attraction, The Parallax View and Love Story.

Comment

Comment

The first images are out for Blazing Samurai, the animated cat focused remake of Blazing Saddles

Also:

Comment

Netflix, Skydance and Japan’s Production I.G (“Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045”) are all teaming up to produce an anime series based on James Cameron’s “The Terminator” sci-fi franchise. Mattson Tomlin, who co-wrote Matt Reeves’ upcoming “The Batman” film, will act as showrunner and executive producer on the project. Details of the new take have not […]

Netflix is also working with Skydance and the writer of the upcoming The Batman movie to produce an anime series based on The Terminator.

Comment

Comment

Comment

A general sentiment that’s easy to find online these days is that the 90-day theatrical exclusivity window is dead and likely won’t be returning even when the COVID-19 pandemic is over. Speaking at a virtual investment conference hosted by Morgan Stanley this week, Disney CEO Bob Chapek seems to agree with that statement and indicates […]

The head of Disney has said they expect to return to a cinema first model but likely won't return to the 90 days exclusivity enjoyed pre-COVID. He also revealed that 50% of Disney+ subscribers don't have kids.

Comment

The trailer for Thunder Force, launching on Netflix on 09 April 2021

The longest-running primetime scripted series in TV history, “The Simpsons,” will add two more seasons to its record with Fox renewing the Emmy-winner through to 2023. That will bring the show up to 34 seasons and 757 episodes in total. This season the show is averaging 7.0 million viewers across all platforms, a +146% lift […]

And Disney have greenlit The Simpsons: Season 33 and The Simpsons: Season 34

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X