Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
    This looks pretty good.

I quite like the Pinhead look too, although it’s amazing how iconic Doug Bradley was simply because that’s what his face looks like if you know what I mean. They were always able to let more of Bradley’s own face shine through.

Still, I’m interested in this.
    Yeah I'm interested. Looks good.
    The first film is good, and then it's all downhill so it's not like they have a big legacy to destroy. As long as its gory, disgusting and haunting it'll tick the boxes.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I mean, surely that shouldn't be allowed?

The show was cancelled last year after a three season run which has already aired and been made available for sale. If this is allowed why not just cash back on every project WB ever made that didn't earn enough for them?

The worst part is Final Space was actually decent too

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
              I mean, surely that shouldn't be allowed?
              It is happening to a lot of shows and is prompting a lot of questions in the industry. We’ve been lucky in that, because of our deal, they couldn’t completely get rid of our show but, for a complete WB show with no other existing deals in place, they are completely writing them off and that means that the show is gone and, as far as we can work out, this is irreversible. It can never be released again. I know people working on Scoob 2 - it’s still actually being worked on in spite of it being one of the products that will vanish.

Everyone is struggling to figure out how this can happen or how it could possibly make sense. If it works for them financially, how come we haven’t seen this happen before?

Comment

Are they going to start making pretend shows with a skeleton crew, a fancy mock-up teaser trailer and then… poof, it’s a write-off?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                  It is happening to a lot of shows and is prompting a lot of questions in the industry. We’ve been lucky in that, because of our deal, they couldn’t completely get rid of our show but, for a complete WB show with no other existing deals in place, they are completely writing them off and that means that the show is gone and, as far as we can work out, this is irreversible. It can never be released again. I know people working on Scoob 2 - it’s still actually being worked on in spite of it being one of the products that will vanish.

Everyone is struggling to figure out how this can happen or how it could possibly make sense. If it works for them financially, how come we haven’t seen this happen before?
                  It is very odd! I'd be incredibly angry if I was working on one of these projects.

What show do you work on, dogg?

Comment

That's why this one puzzles me, the studio has already aired it and made deals off it etc so it seems like what they're doing is saying they'll shelve it in future but under that post-release model it would imply every film and show can be written off once it stops making enough money in which case this would be widespread. Feels like a much more heavy handed abuse of the system than Batgirl

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                      That's why this one puzzles me, the studio has already aired it and made deals off it etc so it seems like what they're doing is saying they'll shelve it in future but under that post-release model it would imply every film and show can be written off once it stops making enough money in which case this would be widespread. Feels like a much more heavy handed abuse of the system than Batgirl
                      They can only completely write it off if they control all rights. And even if WB do own all rights, there can be a few sticky situations when those rights are split between their international companies. I think that’s what saved our show from being completely written off - we’ll still get broadcast in some territories.

But yes, the whole situation is baffling even for people on the inside.
                      [MENTION=2492]cutmymilk[/MENTION] - it hasn’t actually been announced yet so I’m not allowed say but it’s a show for young kids and HBO Max have axed all their children’s output outside of DC stuff so we got caught in that crossfire.

Comment

Good luck with that. Make sure you post when it's released so we can get our kids watching!

Comment

The particular kick in the gut as well is the guy who created Final Space is trying to crowd fund a side project that would provide some closure for viewers, if that gets made then it'll provide closure to a show no-one can watch

Comment

Forgot this even existed, didn't get on with the first season but like Carnival Row it has been held back a long time

"The Witcher" S3 & Spin-Off Set Launches - Dark Horizons
                            The Witcher: Blood Origin Season 01 launches 25 December 2022
                            The Witcher: Season 03 launches Summer 2023

"You," "Emily," "1899," "Never" Set Dates - Dark Horizons
                            Emily in Paris: Season 03 launches 21 December 2022

Whilst 1899, the new show from the makers of Dark, launches 17 November 2022

And a big one: Gangs of London Season 02 on 17 November 2022

Comment

It looks... okay. I'm cautiously optimistic. Faithful in many ways, veers from looing good to looking cheap.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X