Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
    It'll be interesting how many people don't re-new after the first year. The honeymoon period passed pretty quickly for us.
    We signed up for a month, watched everything we wanted to and then cancelled. I can't imagine needing to sign again for a long time.

Comment

Morgan Cooper’s popular fan film “Bel-Air, which re-envisions the 1990s Will Smith sitcom “The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air” as a drama, is being turned into a hourlong series. Not only that, but Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith’s Westbrook Studios and Universal Television are onboard and are currently pitching the project to streamers with multiple […]

Will Smith is to produce a remake of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air which will be based on the drama fan short from a couple of years back. Mixed on this one, I can definitely see potential in the concept from this angle but on the other side it'll be missing nearly everything that made the original work and so beloved so it'll be hard not to lose the likeliest audience first to come into this.

Comment

Actor Ron Yuan who is in the Mulan live action remake has been set as director for the Netflix bound 47 Ronin 2. The sequel to the Keanu Reeves original will be set 300 years later in a cyberpunk setting.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
          I’d be interested to see the average number of streaming services people are subscribing to.

I’ve had Neflix since it was LoveFilm, joined Hulu 3-4 years ago, Amazon Prime for around the same, and most recently Disney+. Disney is the one we watch the least because it’s a weird hybrid service that doesn’t work on PS4 in Japan. Watching through the browser on PC is a buffering nightmare, and it only allows downloads on mobile devices. Even then, it seems said devices can not display downloaded stuff on the TV, only streamed stuff. Nonsense.
          Difficult to judge in Amazon's case, too, because their service comes with Prime. Like, if it was a separate thing I'd have to pay for, I would unsub. It's very rare I use it.

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          https://www.darkhorizons.com/will-wi...isney-says-no/
          Disney+ targeted achieving between 60m and 90m users within 5 years of its launch. Just under one year since it launched it has already passed the 60m in an accomplishment that must set a few brows sweating at Netflix.
          I do wonder if the COVID situation contributes to that.

Comment

Back in June, HBO Max made headlines for pulling the 1939 epic “Gone with the Wind” from its service for a few weeks until it was able to add “proper context” for the film. After two weeks off the service, it returned with disclaimers. In this case they were two videos from Turner Classic Movies […]

Blazing Saddles becomes the latest movie to be given a disclaimer on HBO Max

Comment

Surely no one can complain about that one!

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Difficult to judge in Amazon's case, too, because their service comes with Prime. Like, if it was a separate thing I'd have to pay for, I would unsub. It's very rare I use it.

I do wonder if the COVID situation contributes to that.
                Amazon prime is a mess too, a real muddle of different subscription services/free content and paid content. they really need to sort out the UI as its absolute garbage compared to disney and netflix.

Just seperating content out would fix a lot of their problems, a tab with premium movies, a tab with free movies and the same with the tv stuff would massively improve the user experience. it would also show up how little is on there and how much poor quality content is on there too.

Comment

I’m convinced they’re doing it on purpose so that people rent things without realising.

Comment

On mobile there is a simple "only show prime stuff" button. It's not there on the Xbox app

Comment

The PlayStation app used to do that but then the option was removed. I can’t see that option on my iOS app but Amazon stopped allowing rentals from there because of the 30% Apple fees so there’s no risk of accidentally renting. I only see rentals if I search for something specific, not when browsing.

Comment

With “Supernatural” about to shoot its final few episodes, the show’s two main stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki are about to move onto other things after fifteen years together on screen. Padalecki has already lined up the “Walker, Texas Ranger” reboot as his next gig, now Ackles has revealed he’s set to join Amazon’s […]

Supernatural's Jensen Ackles is to play Soldier Boy in The Boys: Season 03

Comment

Penny Dreadful: City of Angels has been cancelled after one season

Comment

I missed the news from a few days ago that Netflix has pulled the plug on I Am Not Okay With This, after just a single season. They're blaming covid. I'm a bit gutted. I loved that show and it seemed to have so much potential to build on that first season.

Comment

I pray they don't mess this up:

New photo's from The Haunting of Bly Manor and also a poster

Comment

Altered Carbon is not renewed by Netflix. While Netflix is often home to shows that just wouldn’t happen elsewhere and that should be applauded, it’s clear that it’s not a great idea to get too attached to anything they make. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

Working...
                                X