No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queen Latifah is set to star in a reboot of “The Equalizer” TV series in the works from Universal Television and CBS Television. The project has received a pilot production commitment from CBS and is described as a reimagining of the classic series. Latifah portrays an enigmatic figure who uses her extensive skills to help […]

The Equalizer is to be again rebooted, this time as a TV series with the lead role taken by Queen Latifah.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
      The Equalizer is to be again rebooted, this time as a TV series with the lead role taken by Queen Latifah.
      OK that's it.

Holodeck off.

HOLODECK OFF.

Comment

I found this interesting because of something we talked about earlier - Disney have signed deals with a lot of other services and some of them run long and some of them have levels of exclusivity in certain territories. So if you remember, I was expecting a slow roll out on some of their own films. And yet their were very few notable absences on their launch list (I think one jumped out at me but I have already forgotten what it was). Well, here's how they negotiated their way out of some of those problems: https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/5/2...wars-licensing

I would expect there are a few similar stories behind the scenes as they tried to secure rights to their movies.

Comment

Starting out with only eight original series, one documentary film and no other licensed content or back catalogue of content, demand for Apple TV+ is reportedly tepid according to a new report from Parrot Analytics (via Variety). Parrot’s ‘Demand Expressions’ metric measures audience demand worldwide via online expressions of interest across multiple sources. This results […]

AppleTV+ looks to have had a fairly weak launch

Ahead of the first season’s arrival on Netflix next month, those involved in the lavish fantasy series “The Witcher” have been talking up the eight-episode first season adaptation of Andrzej Sapkowski’s novel series. In total eight novels were penned by the author which gives showrunner Lauren Hissrich a lot of source material to mine for […]

The Witcher has been mapped out to season 7, always risky given how often Netflix seems to drop things at the third.

CBS TV Studios has reportedly begun development on a female-led reboot of “Zorro” for NBC as part of a first-look deal with Ben Silverman and Howard Owens’ production company Propagate. Alfredo Barrios Jr. will pen and executive produce the project described as a modern-day retelling of the Zorro mythology that follows Z, a female descendant […]

And CBS is making a TV series reboot of Zorro. This time however it will be set in the present day, Zorro is now a woman who is descended from a warrior bloodline and is instead called Z.

Comment

The CW has set development Kung Fu, a reimagining of the 1970s David Carradine-starring martial arts western series – this time with a young woman as the lead. In the new series, a quarter-life crisis causes a young Chinese-American woman to drop out of college and go on a life-changing journey to an isolated monastery […]

CW have begun development of another TV series reboot, this time it's of 70's series Kung Fu which will this time follow a female lead who drops out of college and goes to a Chinese monastery. On her return she finds her hometown overrun with criminal elements and sets out to protect the citizens whilst hunting the killer of her mentor.

Comment

Every episode will have some subtle nod to how David Carradine died and she’ll say “Am I right?” and wink to camera.

Too dark?

Comment

I'm looking forward to someone cosplaying as Carradine and dying of autoerotic asphyxiation while watching the pilot episode.

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                  I'm looking forward to someone cosplaying as Carradine and dying of autoerotic asphyxiation while watching the pilot episode.
                  Was that ever resolved? Everyone was talking about it at the time but I didn't know if it was just a vicious rumour.

EDIT: Ah, googled it - I see they did clarify just over a month after his death.

Comment

Everyone has their biases and among cinephiles, one of them can be TV. Some hardcore film lovers can’t stand scripted television on the whole, some will only look at a handful of shows and hold them up to an incredibly brutal standard that they don’t hold many films up to, most of us can just […]

Kevin Feige adds weight to audience requirement to watch the Disney+ MCU series in order to fully understand what will occur in future films, particularly it seems with the sequel to Doctor Strange. Hopefully he's over selling it as this desire to hard push Disney+ could damage the MCU if true.

From Scratch Zoe Saldana and Reese Witherspoon are teaming to adapt Tembi Locke’s memoir “From Scratch” into a limited series for Netflix. Saldana will star in and executive produce the autobiographical romance drama that follows an American woman as she falls in love with a Sicilian man while studying abroad in Italy then builds a […]

Kristen Bell has been signed to reprise her role as the narrator on the sequel series Gossip Girl 2

From Scratch Zoe Saldana and Reese Witherspoon are teaming to adapt Tembi Locke’s memoir “From Scratch” into a limited series for Netflix. Saldana will star in and executive produce the autobiographical romance drama that follows an American woman as she falls in love with a Sicilian man while studying abroad in Italy then builds a […]

Meanwhile work has begun, because sequel series seem to be the next big thing, on Revenge 2
                    The new version will bring back at least one character from the original show but will focus on a new latin immigrant character out for her own revenge.

The Disney+ streaming service goes live in the United States, Canada and the Netherlands on November 12th, followed by Australia and New Zealand a week later on November 19th. However no other country launch dates have been revealed – until now. Disney has confirmed that the service will launch on March 31st next year in […]

Disney have confirmed that Disney+ will go live in additional countries on:

UK, Germany, Ireland, France, Italy, Spain - 31 March 2020

Disney are also said to have made and agreement for Disney+ content to be available via Amazon Fire

The series sequel movement continues as Mary Louise Parker is said to be returning for Weeds 2

Meanwhile the BH90210 revival has been axed after one season

Comment

ABC’s single-camera sitcom “Fresh Off the Boat” has been cancelled, the series set to end with its current sixth season closing up shop with an hour-long series finale on February 21st. With its conclusion, the show will have aired over 100 episodes since it first debuted in 2015. The ending comes as star Constance Wu […]

ABC have cancelled Fresh off the Boat, the current sixth season will act as the last one.

The Boys Actor Karl Urban has confirmed that he’s just wrapped filming on the second season of Amazon’s darkly comedic superhero series “The Boys” and the new episodes are set to debut mid-2020 on the service. The series scored not only critical acclaim, but it was recently revealed by Nielsen that the first season garnered […]

Amazon has confirmed that filming is now complete on The Boys: Season 02 which suggests a mid-2020 release

E! have announced that next year they will be reviving The Soup. Jada Catta-Prata will be hosting the new run, the shows sixth presenter after Joel McHale who presented it for eleven years and who also hosted the one season spin-off on Netflix last year. Never saw the old versions as this was always an awkward show to get episodes for but I'll be curious as I really enjoyed it, main concern is that the last version really was very heavily down to Joel so it'll be interesting to see whether this works as well without him.

Comment

DC Universe has officially renewed its superhero series “Titans” for a third season to debut Fall 2020. The news comes as the current second season nears its end with the eleventh episode airing this week. The recent second season saw new cast members including Joshua Orpin as Conner Kent/Superboy, Esai Morales as Deathstroke, Chella Man […]

DCUniverse has green-lit Titans: Season 03 for launch Fall 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          http://www.darkhorizons.com/titans-r...-season-three/

DCUniverse has green-lit Titans: Season 03 for launch Fall 2020

Comment

Did they seriously think that would just "work out okay"?!

Comment

It will be interesting to see if they do anything about it. The Simpsons is such a big draw for the service that they may need to be seen to try.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                It will be interesting to see if they do anything about it. The Simpsons is such a big draw for the service that they may need to be seen to try.
                                It's just really weird that they would make that decision - to crop it.

Comment

Working...
                                X