No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unfortunately it said a bunch of mine weren’t available on Google Play so couldn’t be migrated. All the Friday the 13th films, for example. And The Wolverine. And maybe one or two others.

Comment

Yeah, I think I got lucky and the majority were migratable ... there were a fair few anyway (happy all the Harry Potters were included).

Comment

Can you migrate to anything else? Like iTunes?

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
          Can you migrate to anything else? Like iTunes?
          The only choice it gave me was Google Play.

Given Ultraviolet came in and completely dominated digital downloads packed with physical media, it seems odd that more hasn’t been made of its demise.

Comment

Ah, OK. Yeah, it really turned out that nobody cared. I did redeem my codes, but I can't say I've ever watched any of the films. The thing is, I buy on Blu-Ray to get the best possible quality. I wouldn't then watch it in a compressed streaming version on my phone. So it always felt kinda pointless, even though as a free bonus it was better than a poke in the eye.

It was also confusingly implemented, since the content was only accessible via relatively obscure apps on limited platforms. It wasn't like it was a voucher for a service people already used, like Prime Video or something.

Comment

I have to wonder who benefitted from the whole Ultraviolet thing. There were some digital iTunes codes and some other service, maybe Amazon, given in the early days but then, almost overnight, Ultraviolet was standard across pretty much all the movie distributors. Under seemingly any normal circumstances, those would not have been easy deals to make and yet it felt instant and industry-wide. And Ultraviolet was rubbish and no use to most customers and I can’t help feeling that had to be a factor. Maybe the distributors saw iTunes, Amazon or Google as a potential threat if they controlled digital distribution and so deliberately went with a partner who couldn’t be a threat. I don’t know but there is a story to be told there.

Comment

Agreed. It was a very strange setup. It was never marketed beyond some flashes on bluray packaging, either. Almost like it was setup to fail!

Comment

Ultraviolet was the kind of thing studios would love - DRM, limited playback possibilities - and consumers would not necessarily care about.

Maybe so many studios jumped onboard simply because they had little to lose and it was a cool thing to put on the packaging and "drive sales".

What DT said, basically.

Comment

Netflix has handed out a green light for the sequel to the horror-comedy feature “The Babysitter” with much of the original cast returning. Bella Thorne, Robbie Amell, Hana Mae Lee, Andrew Bachelor, Judah Lewis, Emily Alyn Lind, Ken Marino, Leslie Bibb, Carl McDowell, and Chris Wylde are all set to reprise their roles for the […]

Netflix have greenlit The Babysitter 2

Nearly all the original cast are returning

Comment

Netflix has announced that the sixth season of its adult animated comedy “BoJack Horseman” will be the show’s last, and have released a trailer for the final season which sees BoJack writing a letter to his friend Diane (Brie) from rehab. The streamer has also confirmed the concluding season will air in two parts – […]

Bojack Horseman: Season 06 - Part One will launch on Netflix on 25 October 2019, Bojack Horseman: Season 06 - Part Two will launch on 31 January 2020

The two part sixth season is confirmed to be the final one.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                        The two part sixth season is confirmed to be the final one.
                        This has proven to be an unpopular decision; Aron Paul let slip on Twitter that this was not the studio's choice but Netflix's, and obviously the talk online is that Netflix have done it to shaft the studio for unionising, same reason people said they didn't advertise, then cancelled, Tuca & Bertie.

Obviously everyone loves a conspiracy theory so who knows. Personally I think it should end before the formula wears thin.

Comment

That's exactly it, the third run was fun but barely has anything to do with GLOW itself at this point. The end point suggested some sort of rebranded last gasp attempt for them but it's definitely at the natural end point now.
                          The Vegas series didn't go the direction I expected. I'm rusty on the details, but I if I'm remembering correctly, in real life due to a contract dispute the group split into two, running on different TV channels. I think GLOW kept running but the other was called PLOW, the Powerful Ladies of Wrestling. Consequently I expected to see that go down in s3, so I was surprised when, if anything, the events bring the cast closer together.

Comment

It seems like we're getting that for S4 which makes sense then, it wrapping up at the same point the real life one did

Comment

A stretch for this to be in here but worth posting and technically you can watch it via iPlayer?

The trailer is out for the BBC's new version of The War of the Worlds:

Comment

The War of the Worlds
                                I'm looking forward to that. I believe they've moved it forward a few years so that they could include a few more female characters, but other than that, it's supposed to be pretty faithful. It's a short book, though, so I can imagine that it's got a fair bit of padding!

Comment

Working...
                                X