No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While the Disney+ streaming service launched earlier today with many of the movies of the Marvel Cinematic Universe included, it’s expected the remainder will be added to the service with time… well almost all of them. Ricky Strauss, Disney’s head of content and marketing for Disney+, spoke to The Verge this week about the possibility […]

The remaining MCU line up will make its way to Disney+ in time but it's been confirmed that the two Spider-Man films won't be joining the service.

New trailer for DCUniverse's Harley Quinn:

Comment

Turns out Disney+ has decided to deal with older content that could contain material that offends via a disclaimer rather than editing the footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        https://www.cinemablend.com/news/248...ral-depictions

Turns out Disney+ has decided to deal with older content that could contain material that offends via a disclaimer rather than editing the footage.
        This isn't too surprising given Disney's back-catalogue.

Really critical scenes from movies like Pinocchio would have to go; they'd have to shred up much of their catalog.

This isn't defending the crows from Dumbo; I just mean that for many of these movies, Disney kinda has to choose whether they stream the movie or don't. Editing them often isn't an option.

Comment

Personally, knowing Disney, I find that to be a surprising move and I wonder if it will last. Disney are generally very conservative with this sort of thing so that they can bring the youngest kids into their classics (bring a person to Disney young and they're into Disney for life is the idea). If they get some negative pushback or bad press and have to pull a film, resulting in negative pushback or bad press from other people, they don't like that and would generally tend to get in there first and deal with it before anyone else does. And we're not exactly living in an age where everyone is chilled and keeps their views to themselves.

I would expect future edits and amendments to some of these, at least the classic movies (not so much old Mickey shorts or things like that). But then I'm surprised they're being launched in their original form at all.

Comment

For now they must have taken the approach of leaving them be if they're willing to sell them on disc etc. Though they're still supporting Lucas edits of the OT Star Wars trilogy so they do seem to support offensive material

Comment

It has been ages. Why don't we have the original Star Wars releases yet? They need to get them out before Blu-Ray dies. I don't believe any stories of them not being possible... but I wouldn't be remotely surprised if keeping them suppressed was a condition of Lucas selling Star Wars to Disney.

Comment

I love that the new change on Disney+ was done by Lucas just before the sale to Disney, reeks of one last middle finger by him to fans

Comment

Ha! It really does. I mean, have you seen it? There can't possibly be any reason for it. It's just dicking about for the sake of it. He's having a laugh. But then every time fans didn't like something, he'd stick it on to the end of Return of the Jedi - Gungans, Hayden Whatshisface, Vader's NOOOOOO. If he was still in control Return of the Jedi would now end with the robot from Solo and the entirety of The Last Jedi.

Comment

Not seen a clip of it yet but a few sites have mentioned it and it seems to be a very specific and meaningless alteration which really sells the image of him being awkward. Personally, I do expect Disney to release remasters of the original trilogy but at this point I kind of expect them to sit on it for a few more years. Something like 8K theatrical cut restored remasters for the 50th Anniversary in 2027 sounds about right.

Comment

The sound on this version is really bad but the addition is the maclunky line:

Comment

The laugh is it's still so badly edited as well and still such an odd scene to be the focus of so much editing and tinkering.

Comment

Yep, the timing of the whole sequence gets worse each time. It's a mess now. Like someone who has had too much plastic surgery when they needed none.

Comment

A full month out from the debut of the highly-anticipated TV series adaptation of acclaimed fantasy novel series “The Witcher” and Netflix has officially greenlit the series for a second season. Like the first it will run for eight episodes and is set to begin production in London early 2020 with plans for a Fall […]

Netflix have given an early green light for The Witcher: Season 02

“Avengers: Endgame” directors Anthony and Joe Russo are returning to the comic book world to produce a new documentary series about the Marvel vs. DC rivalry for the forthcoming short-form streaming service Quibi. Inspired by Reed Tucker’s book “Slugfest,” the series will explore the heated rivalry between the two comic publishers which transformed the marketplace […]

Whilst the Russo brothers next comic related project will be a new documentary series for the streaming service Quibi that is focused on the Marvel vs DC rivalry.

Comment

Nearly three months ahead of 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine's' seventh-season premiere, NBC has renewed the comedy for an eighth season.

NBC have issued a very early renewal order for Brooklyn Nine-Nine: Season 08

Comment

The creator of Gravity Falls pointed out in Twitter that Disney have removed a symbol on Grunkel Stan’s hat in the Disney+ version of Gravity Falls. Why? I don’t know. It is probably is vaguely close to some religious symbol somewhere - total speculation on my part. Now all these shows and films would go through different departments, hence a lack of consistency on what ends up on Disney+, be it surprisingly uncensored (like Gargoyles which returns to its original form) or surprisingly messed with, like this. But I guess one thing is clear - Disney are going to do whatever they want because they own most of the media people like.

Comment

Working...
                                X