No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From the Man of Steel to...well, something else entirely...Henry Cavill is coming back to audiences in a big way for Netflix's new show.

The first reveal of Henry Cavill as Geralt in The Witcher has also been made

Comment

DreamWorks Animation Television’s newest series “She-Ra and the Princesses of Power” has been set for a premiere a few days earlier than previously announced. This update of the classic 1980s animated series will now arrive in its entirety on November 13th on Netflix, and to celebrate the news DreamWorks has released a new trailer unveiling […]

Netflix's reboot of She-Ra and the Princess of Power has been moved up to 13 November

Comment

Netflix has announced a massive slate of animated event programming, including feature films and original series, which are currently in the works for the streaming service over the next four years. Six all-new animated projects have been revealed, along with more details on seven more already announced, with all spanning the gamut from hand-drawn to […]

Netflix has announced thirteen new animated projects

Comment

Netflix is expanding their animation slate with five new anime titles which include gigantic battling robots battling huge monsters, postapocalyptic worlds, and a supernatural criminal underworld. The new slate continues Netflix’s global reach when it comes to original content. Pacific Rim, which expands the world of the two live-action movies of the same name, returns to […]

Another five animated shows have been announced by Netflix with two of them being targeted heavily at existing franchise audiences:

-Pacific Rim
          -Altered Carbon
          -Cagaster of an Insect Cage
          -Yasuke
          -Trese

Comment

Only a few weeks after they announced the upcoming seventh season of “Orange Is the New Black” will be its final run, Lionsgate Television Group chairman Kevin Beggs tells the press that the independent studio is mulling a potential sequel to the series. Taylor Schilling, Laura Prepon, Uzo Aduba and Danielle Brooks star in ‘Orange’ […]

A sequel series to Orange is the new Black is being considered - absolutely zero interest in that

With the announcement today of the live-action Cassian Andor “Star Wars” series, Disney has opened up officially about its upcoming streaming service and finally given it a name – ‘Disney+’. Set to debut sometime in 2019, Disney CEO Bob Iger spoke about it on an investor call earlier today and revealed it aims to get […]

Disney's streaming service rival to Netflix has been titled Disney+. The service will work with five microsites in it with one dedicated to a different arm of the company:

-Star Wars
            -Marvel
            -Pixar
            -National Geographic
            -Disney

It will launch with an initial legacy content archive of over 7000 episodes and 500 movies with 4-5 original movies launching per year and 5 original television series per year also. Price is still undecided but will fall somewhere between $8 and $14 per month

Comment

During their Anime Lineup Presentation event at the Akiba Theatre in Tokyo today, Netflix unveiled their slate of Anime programming for 2019. The new lineup is an expansion of their successful original Anime programming which includes Devilman Crybaby and B: the Beginning. Netflix announced that they would be revisiting some of the most beloved stories that many Anime fans already […]

New information and trailers for Netflix upcoming anime series, the most eye catching being Ultraman

Comment

In a surprise announcement, YouTube has announced it will pull all of its original content out from behind its Premium paywall, letting users enjoy an ad-supported version of shows like “Cobra Kai,” “Impulse,” “Step Up: High Water” and the big-budget sci-fi series “Origin”. In an official statement the company says they plan to continue to […]

By 2020 Youtube will be shutting down its paywall on original content. It will mean they produce less and what they do make will broadly be cheaper fare but the upside is everyone will have free access to their hit content such as Cobra Kai

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  http://www.darkhorizons.com/youtube-...riginals-free/

By 2020 Youtube will be shutting down its paywall on original content. It will mean they produce less and what they do make will broadly be cheaper fare but the upside is everyone will have free access to their hit content such as Cobra Kai
                  Well, for starters, was the service ever available in the UK? I heard that it wasn't, and could never be arsed to check for myself.

If I'm honest, I think YouTube have missed the boat with that whole thing. Crunchyroll did it; they were a pirate anime website and relaunched themselves as a legit anime streaming service, but the key thing is that they did it years ago.

Comment

Netflix has released the first trailer for “Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Part 2,” the second season of their supernatural coming-of-age series based on the Archie Comics title. Along with the first footage of the new batch of episodes, the streaming giant has announced an April 5th 2019 premiere date. The clip sees Kiernan Shipka return […]

Moving incredibly fast off the back of S1 and the upcoming Xmas special, Netflix has released the trailer for Season 2 of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina that will launch on 05 April 2019

Comment

There’s been a lot of talk this year about the point of theatrical windows from the rise, fall and recent rise again of talk of premium VOD; the rise of quality home cinema equipment with 4K HDR TVs and quality home audio systems becoming more ubiquitous; and the original movie output of streaming services improving […]

Netflix boss says cinema release windows are anti-consumer. World is shocked.

Comment

Something happened at the weekend; I was thinking of watching The Matrix, which I don't have on DVD.

Instead of going to Netflix/Amazon Prime Video, I instead directly went to Amazon to look for the DVD. Like I didn't even check because I assumed it wouldn't be there.

I've also recently bought several PS1 games on disc to use in my PS3/2, when I could've bought them on PSN (and previously have bought games via the service).

I'm not sure what that means, but I'm normally in the side of the forum who really like digital delivery. This is quite a change because previously I would've always looked on Netflix first.

I don't know when it happened, but these services have definitely crossed that threshold now where I just don't expect to find what I'm looking for.

Comment

Yep, same. There have even been a couple of times now where I have watched a movie on Netflix and then bought the blu-ray because I know it will be gone next time I want to see it.

Comment

In Japan at least, most stuff seems to rotate between Netflix, Amazon and Hulu.

Comment

A while back Netflix acquired all the overseas rights to air the live-action DC Universe drama series “Titans,” but at the time there was no indication as to when it would be available. The series has since aired eight of its twelve-episode first season run in the United States on the DC Universe streaming service […]

Titans will hit Netflix outside the US on 11 January 2019

Comment

Disney Pictures is reportedly developing “Sister Act 3” to premiere on its upcoming streaming service Disney+. It has not yet been revealed whether Whoopi Goldberg will be returning in the new installment of the popular comedy film series, and plot specifics are under wraps. Regina Hicks (“Insecure”) and Karin Gist (“Star”) pen the script. Goldberg […]

Disney+ is said to be moving forward on plans to make Sister Act 3

Comment

Working...
                                X