No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A new THR & Morning Consult survey of 2,201 adults has indicated up to 22% of Americans will cancel their Netflix subscription when Marvel Studios and/or the “Star Wars” films leave the platform. The impending departure of Disney films from the service – especially its Marvel Studios and Star Wars titles – will make a […]

A new survey suggests that 22% of American Netflix users may consider quitting the service when it loses Disney owned properties later this year. 14% said they'd leave if The Office left the service, 11% if Friends left. Both are expected to be taken off sometime in the future to move to Warner Bros streaming services.

Comment

Amazon just lost Seinfeld. This is a real problem and shows that this sort of service needs to provide the warmth of the familiar as well as, usually, poorer originals.

That said, I am watching my first youtube original at the moment.. Weird City. It's ace.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
        http://www.darkhorizons.com/loss-of-...amage-netflix/

A new survey suggests that 22% of American Netflix users may consider quitting the service when it loses Disney owned properties later this year. 14% said they'd leave if The Office left the service, 11% if Friends left. Both are expected to be taken off sometime in the future to move to Warner Bros streaming services.
        Does that mean Daredevil and the likes are all leaving?

I'd better get watching!

Comment

Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, The Defenders and Luke Cage will stay on Netflix for the rest of the life of the service. Netflix owns those incarnations exclusively, or at least the existing material that's been produced. Everything else Marvel will go though. Another reason fans of those incarnations need to accept their demise and expect them to be axed from the MCU canon down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
            Amazon just lost Seinfeld. This is a real problem and shows that this sort of service needs to provide the warmth of the familiar as well as, usually, poorer originals.
            When Seinfeld first appeared on Amazon I considered selling my dvd box-set, but it's that uncertainty that made me keep hold of it. Same uncertainty that might put me off watching a big box set. There should be clear transparency of how long something's on there for. And some things should be staples ... as you say, to provide a much-needed warmth.

One slight positive is it's a further benefit (and justification) of physical media.

Comment

Yep, I am on Season 2 of X-Files. Better get watching! They only give a few week's notice but at least they had the decency to email me!

Comment

Netflix and The CW will not be renewing their regular deal which will expire this spring. The deal ending doesn’t mean new CW series like “Arrow,” “Riverdale,” “Supernatural,” “The Flash,” etc. won’t end up on Netflix, it just means the SVOD service just won’t get them automatically via an output deal and will have to […]

The deal between the CW network and Netflix becomes the latest to begin to unravel for the streaming service

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post

That said, I am watching my first youtube original at the moment.. Weird City. It's ace.
                  I nearly had a heart attack but it’s still on the Japanese Amazon Video.

It disappeared in February as well but that was apparently just a hiccup with the contract renewal.

Is it actually gone? I find it occasionally vanishes from my ‘currently watching’ list and I have to manually search for it.

Comment

Amazon has opted to cancel its comedy series “The Tick” after two seasons. Series creator Ben Edlund announced the news on Twitter, confirming there won’t be a third season on Amazon but tells EW that he’s seeking a new home for this series and it’s “very much still alive”. He adds: “we’re still under contract, […]

Amazon has cancelled The Tick. The shows creator is trying to ship it to other networks

Comment

Filmmaker McG has already had a go at the world of James Cameron when he took the reins of “Terminator: Salvation”. Though not considered a good film, it is held up in much higher esteem than the subsequent follow-up “Terminator: Genisys”. Having found success recently in lower budget fare on Netflix, McG is now having […]

McG, the badly named director, is helping to plan and prep a TV series reboot of True Lies for the Disney+ service. McG previously helped launch the Lethal Weapon adaptation.

Comment

Following some new photos yesterday, more stills have cropped up along with confirmed news of an August 30th launch date for “The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance,” Netflix’s upcoming prequel series to the iconic 1982 Jim Henson fantasy film. Louis Leterrier helms the ten-episode fantasy adventure series blends classic puppetry with cutting-edge visual effects in […]

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance will launch on Netflix on 30 August 2019

Netflix has released three trailers offering long looks at the three new episodes that make up the new season of Charlie Booker’s critically-acclaimed anthology series “Black Mirror”. Miley Cyrus and Angourie Rice star in the first episode about a lonely teenager who seeks to connect with her favorite pop star, only to learn said musician’s […]

Whilst trailers for all three episodes of Black Mirror: Season 5 have been released

Comment

The Lonely Island comedy troupe (“Popstar: Never Stop Stopping”) have dropped a half-hour special on streaming giant Netflix, one that serves as a musical tribute to baseball greats Jose Canseco and Mark McGwire. Titled “The Lonely Island Presents: The Unauthorized Bash Brothers Experience”, and dubbed a ‘visual poem’ which seems akin to a parody of […]

Lonely Island have just dropped a half hour special on Netflix called The Unauthorized Bash Brothers Experience that contains 10 new songs

Comment

Swamp Thing DC Universe has released a few new photos from their upcoming “Swamp Thing” TV series, the photos featuring the main human characters along with a look at Swamp Thing itself. The series stars Andy Bean, Will Patton, Crystal Reed, Maria Sten, Jeryl Prescott, Jennifer Beals, Virginia Madsen, Henderson Wade, Kevin Durand, Leonardo Nam […]

The final season of Orange is the New Black releases on Netflix on 26 July 2019

While Rocky Balboa and John Rambo are his two most famous, Sylvester Stallone’s on screen characters go well beyond those – Judge Dredd, John Spartan, Gabe Walker, Ray Tango, Ray Breslin, Ray Quick, Robert Rath, Kit Latura, Freddy Heflin and more. One of the early ones however, Marion Cobretti of the iconic 1980s action film […]

Stallone is exploring TV series ideas for Cobra

Comment

The release month was teased a few days ago and now the exact date is confirmed – Netflix will unveil the third and final season of “Jessica Jones” on the streaming service on Friday June 14th. That’s only a little over two weeks away and with no trailers or promotion at this point, the streamer […]

Jessica Jones: Season 3 launches on 14 June 2019 on Netflix bringing Marvels era on the service to an end

Comment

Netflix is increasing sub costs in the UK. The tier pricing will be:

Basic - £5.99
                                Standard - £8.99
                                Premium - £11.99

Comment

Working...
                                X