No announcement yet.

Digital Stream: Television News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With consumers holding more power than ever to avoid ads that interrupt their favorite shows, advertising agencies are trying to come up with new ways to get eyeballs on products in the midst of casual and binge-viewing. One solution being floated right now? ‘Pause-vertising’ which is commercials that play during pausing of episodes. Jeremy Helfand, […]

Hulu is said to be pondering introducing adverts that play when you pause a programme

Comment

As part of the company’s announcements of Netflix’s January 2019 titles, the company has also dropped a brief tease for the second season of “Marvel’s The Punisher” indicating it arrives next month. Jon Bernthal’s Frank Castle prepares to continue his war on crime in the new episodes, but the company didn’t include an official air […]

The second and likely last season of The Punisher should be hitting Netflix next month

Comment

“Community” star Joel McHale will play Sylvester Pemberton, aka. Starman, in the upcoming DC Universe series “Stargirl”. A courageous and confident superhero, Starman is a member of the Justice Society of America and wields a mysterious anti-gravity weapon called the cosmic staff. His longtime sidekick is Courtney Whitmore’s stepfather Pat Dugan. Stargirl will follow the […]

Joel McHale has been cast as Starman in DC Universe's Stargirl

Comment

Watched the Netflix Kurt Russell Christmas movie. I'll echo what a critic has said, "more predictable than an Advent calendar", but it certainly wasn't the nadir of Netflix movies (they've made some real dross). Some funny moments, and it's always great to see Kurt Russell onscreen.

That being said, I accept it's utterly irrational, as I can't exactly insist everything Netflix make is for me, and they've been doing really well recently with the Evangelion and Ghost in the Shell announcements (both things that really should not be possible)... It's my dislike for football culture talking here, but am I the only one who feels a bit put out that my sub money has, in some way, towards a documentary series about Sunderland FC?

Comment

Henry Thomas (“The Haunting of Hill House,” “Gerald’s Game”) has been cast as the Golden Age DC Comics character Dr. Mid-Nite in the upcoming “Stargirl” TV series for DC Universe. In the comics, he was a surgeon and medical pioneer named Dr. Charles McNider who was also a founding member of the Justice Society of […]

Henry Thomas, from ET and also coming off the back of the stellar Haunting of Hill House, has been cast as Dr Mid-Night in DCU's Stargirl

Comment

Netflix and The Jim Henson Company have announced the voice cast of their upcoming series “The Dark Crystal: The Age of Resistance,” a prequel to the original 1982 puppetry fantasy classic. Blending classic puppetry with cutting-edge visual effects, the story begins as the world of Thra is dying. The Crystal of Truth is at the […]

Henson have confirmed that the upcoming The Dark Crystal: The Age of Resistance will star Taron Egerton, Anya Taylor-Joy and Nathalie Emmanuel.

Photo's of the characters are in the link

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                Watched the Netflix Kurt Russell Christmas movie. I'll echo what a critic has said, "more predictable than an Advent calendar", but it certainly wasn't the nadir of Netflix movies (they've made some real dross). Some funny moments, and it's always great to see Kurt Russell onscreen.

That being said, I accept it's utterly irrational, as I can't exactly insist everything Netflix make is for me, and they've been doing really well recently with the Evangelion and Ghost in the Shell announcements (both things that really should not be possible)... It's my dislike for football culture talking here, but am I the only one who feels a bit put out that my sub money has, in some way, towards a documentary series about Sunderland FC?
                I don’t know anything about the Sunderland documentary - and I take no interest in sport personally - but I’d say that a) some people feel the same way about their sub money being spent on ‘boring cartoons’ like Evangelion and b) that documentaries about things you’re not remotely interested in normally can be terrific if well made.

I don’t know the first thing about American football but I can highly recommend Last Chance U on Netflix.

That said, maybe the Sunderland thing is total dross! Netflix certainly turn out plenty of stinkers, they appear to be treating this as a volume game.

Comment

Netflix have announced very impressive and very specific viewing figures for Bird Box. But as a result, the cynical side of me now just thinks the reason they have been typically so quiet about their figures is that they were never really all that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    am I the only one who feels a bit put out that my sub money has, in some way, towards a documentary series about Sunderland FC?
                    Does it match up to the alleged $100 million to renew Friends for one more year?

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
                      Does it match up to the alleged $100 million to renew Friends for one more year?
                      I draw attention to how I started my sentence with words to the effect of "it may be totally irrational"

Comment

Netflix is three for five when it comes to cancelling Marvel series, and while new seasons of “Jessica Jones” and “The Punisher” are expected to run on the service in early 2019, both are expected to be cancelled shortly after each goes to air. Now, in a photograph of a survey sent out to subscribers […]

Netflix asks viewers, in a survey, how they feel about the cancellation of several shows such as Jessica Jones... which hasn't technically been formally axed yet. Awkward!

Comment

A year from now it looks like we’ll be in the midst of a new stage of the streaming wars. Both Disney and WarnerMedia are targeting launches of their direct-to-consumer services in late 2019, and now Steve Burke, CEO of NBCUniversal, has confirmed NBCUniversal is working on their own service that will launch in 2020 […]

NBC Universal are now working on their own streaming service for 2020, this is how the world ends, drowned In the things

Comment

The services are just copying each other. Even the pricing is similar.

I wonder what my upper limit would be. I can't just turn on the telly and watch the same programmes like I could if I were in the UK - I'd have to sign up for cable and subscribe to something like the Fox Chanel - so I'm more willing to spend a bit.

It's for my sanity, after all.

Comment

Spending a bit will be the thing, also announced is the US arm of Netflix are increasing their sub fees

Netflix has announced plans to raise prices on all of its streaming plans, a movie that will impact all 58 million subscribers stateside. According to the Associated Press, the basic plan jumps from $8 to $9, the most popular plan will jump from $11 a month to $13, and the premium plan with 4K will […]

Comment

Netflix has confirmed that not only has it renewed its animated series reboot “She-Ra and the Princesses of Power” for a second season, but it has set an April 26th launch date. The thirteen-episode first season, which re-imagined the iconic 1985 “He-Man” spin-off, premiered in November to great reviews praising its style, diversity, excellent LGBT […]

Netflix has announced a launch of 26 April 2019 for She-Ra and the Princess of Power: Season 2

Comment

Working...
                                X