Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm outside Game ready to pick my copy up.I'll give it a go

Comment

Played for about 2 hours, it's a buggy mess! I kinda like it though, just not sure if I wanna wait for patch to fix all the small things that keep going wrong.
      • triangle buttons switches between main and secondary weapons, this broke on me during a fight and i was stuck with my pistol in hand and no bullets.
      • tried activating binocs to scout out a enemy camp ahead, which is done with the up button, this also broke on me so I couldn't use them.
      • holding square to pick up or interact with things is very finicky and doesn't work rarely. I was able to replicate this on a car hood, and Deecon would go to lift the hood but then just stop and not do it.
      • Music cut out randomly and the game went completely silent for about a minute.
      • some dude speaks to you over the radio and I had the same conversation with him twice.
      • came across a random encounter in the street, a woman was pointing a gun at a guy on the ground who was tied up. so I hopped off the bike and shot at the woman. nothing happened. I thought, oh maybe she's a friendly and the dude is the bad guy. so I went up to the guy on the ground and the woman just starts shooting the crap out of me. NOW it lets me shoot her.
      • the game has a habbit of fading to black on you and teleporting you to an area of a nearby quest. I went to a graveyard to clear out some infested nests and the game just took over and said nope, fade to black, teleported me and my bike to the graveyard entrance and said I'm doing another mission instead.
      • died at a human enemy camp, the checkpoint the game set for me was in the middle of combat, surrounded by enemies lol.
      • interface is terrible. it uses swipe gestures on the touchpad to access certain things like the map or skill menu.
      • forced controller speaker use when picking up recordings, no option to turn this off.

Comment

Just about to start playing.

Vroom vroom.

Comment

The HDR in this is bloody awesome!

Comment

I have played it straight for about 6 hours and I’m really enjoying it. Things have really started to open up now,with good upgrades and I’ve finally encountered a hoard, which was great fun trying to evade. It’s a plays like a sort of cross between state of decay in the the far cry 5 setting and the last of us (some things such as the stealth kills and crafting are a direct rip), with an overall feel of the latest dead rising game. It’s very story driven and the motorbike is a decent standard vehicle. It’s a bit odd with all the cars lying around and you can’t seem to drive one. Haven’t really seen any bugs other than a scripted line being repeated several times and some questionable physics when throwing a gas can and a ropey falling animation. I am fairly hooked and can’t wait to get back on tomorrow!

Comment

Put about 3 hours in and loving it so far.Great HDR and runs well on the Pro

Comment

Do you know what, this is functionally okay but the more I play the more I see what the review mean. The game world looks nice but the game is very... Ubisoft in terms of open design.

It's the usual thing where you have 3-4 basic objectives and the game then litters the map with them leaving you to do the same repetitive thing again and again. Some games like Division this works and other games it's a chore and here I feel it's going to become a chore as the core gameplay loop is brief and deeply repetitive so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                  Do you know what, this is functionally okay but the more I play the more I see what the review mean. The game world looks nice but the game is very... Ubisoft in terms of open design.

It's the usual thing where you have 3-4 basic objectives and the game then litters the map with them leaving you to do the same repetitive thing again and again. Some games like Division this works and other games it's a chore and here I feel it's going to become a chore as the core gameplay loop is brief and deeply repetitive so far.
                  yeah agreed - its starting to get abit chore-some now and i cant see me sticking with it too much longer, unless there is a dramatic shift in gameplay (which i doubt). I also think another 6mths wouldnt have done it any harm, for QC purposes as it abit rough around the edges.

Comment

From the impressions, I wonder if this was held back as they felt it just wasn’t that much fun.

Im aware some decision making elements were dropped, does anyone know what else changed to cause the delays?

Comment

That’s me done - a bug with the weapon locker, meant I couldn’t retrieve my items, sound still cutting out (after the 1.05 patch) and numerous other annoyances, including janky gameplay. Nice while it lasted.

Comment

By the sounds the game had a massive development run and given how bloated it is after the major cut of being able to make choices in the game it seems likely they overreached and to finish it off had to strip it back to basics, that being part of the problem. If Sony are going to have a straight forward open world game I'd probably rather they revived Getaway

Comment

Last push tonight, absolutely nowhere near the end of the game but it's becoming massively repetitive and dull. It's just... so basic.

Comment

Well this is very disappointing to read. [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION] what’s your overall opinion on it as we usually like the same stuff?

Comment

I've only 0layed the opening few hours but I really like it so far.

It's stealthier than I was expecting but that's a pleasant surprise.

It looks amazing too.

Comment

I've put over 10 hours into it. Still enjoying it

Comment

Working...
                                X