Days Gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Days Gone

Thought this might be an interesting one to discuss, Sony's upcoming first party title developed by SIE Bend which is:

"Days Gone is an action-adventure survival horror game set in a post-apocalyptic open world environment and played from a third-person perspective. The player takes control of the game's protagonist Deacon St. John (Samuel Witwer), a drifter and former bounty hunter who prefers to live a dangerous life on the road over living in wilderness encampments.[2] The game takes place two years after a global pandemic occurred which killed almost all of humanity, and transformed millions of others into "Freakers", mindless zombie-like creatures that are quickly evolving."

It's oddly a fairly low key one, mostly popping up at the last two E3's where Sony shows off a similar looking demo before it largely goes quiet for the next year. It's probably one of the least talked about upcoming exclusives for the PS4 despite how it's supposed to be set for release this year.

Fairly quiet from Sony, fairly quiet from gamers, a lack of confidence in it perhaps?

Wasn't this the thing which was like a mix of Just Cause and Dead Rising? I remember seeing the videos where the guy was being swarmed by literally hundreds of zombies.

I find zombies to be a bit played-out but it looked good for what it was.

Comment

It could be that lack of unique identity that's led to the game being somewhat overlooked. To be honest, I'd imagine it'll be at this years E3 in a fairly final form but timing will need to be good for it as too close to RDR2 and they might as well knock back again

Comment

I remember this when Sony was showing off the HDR elements they were introducing and it looks good.

I'm thinking of Left 4 Dead, but all those other obvious links also pop up.

Comment

It looks awesome!

I think it'll be their big late-in-the-year first party title along with Spider-Man.

Spidey in Spetember and this in early October then let the 3rd party stuff carry Christmas.

Comment

This has been my most anticipated PS4 game since it was announced, I think it looks great personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
              This has been my most anticipated PS4 game since it was announced, I think it looks great personally.
              Don't you mean most anticipated new IP?

Because you're most anticipated is TLOU2, right? RIGHT?!!?!!?

Or is that just me?

Comment

Also, main character is the guy who played Vader's apprentice in Force Unleashed so surely he could just use his force powers to deal with horses of zombies?

Comment

Is that this year???? I only have three games on the radar. This, TLOU2 and EDF.

Sorry [MENTION=2540]teddymeow[/MENTION], missed quoting you, beer kicking in!

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]. Nah, no way TLOU2 will be this year.

Comment

How do I thumbs down a post?

Comment

It looks so good!!

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION]

BOLLOCKS!!

Comment

FFS.

Comment

[MENTION=9865]Colin[/MENTION] February 22nd 2019

Looks. So. Good!!