No announcement yet.

Battlefield V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like they're not dumbing down the squad/teamwork stuff which is good, and for all the talk of new systems it just the same modes they've done before or taken from other games renamed, like there grand mode basically being a fancy assault with different outcomes for the attackers and defenders depending on who wins each day, which sounds interesting but seems like good 1-2hrs play if it anything like normal BF play times which can go on for at least 20mins a match. I'm more interested than i was before the reveal, certainly not at "buy it now" levels until i see some gameplay or hopefully some sort of beta.

Comment

So, the game will not use a Premium Pass meaning all players will have access to future maps.

This is going to be filled with loot boxes :/

Comment

Yep. It'll be cosmetic lootboxes which a lot of people will claim are 'acceptable'. Like other games it won't have a defined list of future content you are paying for. In reality this usually means less actual content.

Comment

The biggest selling point for me is the knowledge that the price of the game is all I'll ever have to pay for which makes it less of a risk. It being sandwiched between CoD and RDR2 might make it a wait and see job regardless, that and the three games of decline DICE have suffered. Rebuilding fortifications is alright but it depends on how it's handled, I don't want a slow mans Fortnite from my Battlefield and I also don't want gameplay flow that is a continuation of BF1's so it depends on how they've approached it. At least we'll see proper in game MP footage at E3 so better judge it but really I just want something that builds off where BF4 left off. The vast majority of players don't use Squads or play in team fashion so I'm less concerned about those aspects

Comment

Apparently an EA rep has told IGN that there will be NO Lootboxes in BFV: EA also confirmed to IGN that the game will not feature lootboxes. and that the items available for purchase in-game are cosmetic only. Genuine surprise at that, unless they are so scared from last year that the one-time retreat is a couple of times until people forget.

[MENTION=345]Superman Falls[/MENTION] Season passes are scummy, less scummy than lootboxes though, but ideally neither should exist. A system where you can buy 'reasonable' cosmetics is better. And maybe they are looking at something more like Fortnite Battle Royal with it's MTX model. But then you have Jim Sterling's argument, that if this is the case, then perhaps the game should be free to begin with rather than releasing at £70 (Origin price for the full game) to £80 (Xbox).

Comment

I'll add im not a big fan of the cosmetics for BF game, the last thing i want is people running around in mp looking like multi coloured clowns, ruins the atmosphere and it was already hard enough to tell what class the enemy are playing in previous games with out seeing obvious stuff like rocket launcher strapped to their back.

Comment

Do like the fact that there is no more premium pass, but I find it funny that the base game is £15 more than any other game, so you're paying for it anyway

Comment

I'll 110% not be buying BF5 unless I can pick it up for the usual £40-£45. If EA push hard for people to have to pay a higher RRP then they deserve to have another Battlefront backlash

Comment

DICE has revealed that Battlefield V will be getting its own battle royale mode after launch, known simply as Royale.Th…

Battle Royale mode confirmed for BFV, simply called Royale Mode. Next to nothing else revealed though slightly concerningly.

Comment

Multiplayer footage:

Comment

Booted up Battlefield 1 last night and saw there is a task thing going on called "Road to Battlefield V" and in it, you can unlock skins for BFV if you rack up points. Says you can also participate by playing BF4 too. I think the Tsar expansion is free too, so I'm gonna play this some and try get the unlocks.

Comment

Via the Wall Street Journal word is BF5's preorder sell through rate is tracking as 'weak'

Comment

Trailer showcasing RTX series graphics cards ray tracing in the game though the footage is still completely staged so still a bit of a question as to how it'll practically compare to the top GTX end of things, in theory nice though.

On the downside this report has emerged claiming that Battlefield V preorders are a staggering 85% down on those for Black Ops 4 and that the sales trend for the game is so heavily down on the past EA/DICE releases that it may put the companies financial guidance at risk. The analyst believes BF5 will be hit hard by CoD just as Titanfall 2 was and will then be crushed on the other side by RDR2 making for one of EA's most high profile flops, missing its sales targets by a large margin.

Comment

It looked nice, but few people are going to see it IRL apparently then

I'm more interested in BFV over CODIIII, but until I know what microtransaction nonsense they're adding into the game, I'll be reserving my purchasing decision. I'll use my ten hour trial via EA Access wisely.

The Open Beta on September 6th might change things and I doubt the game is going to massively flop, despite the current headline numbers.

If you subscribe to either EA Access, Origin Access, Origin Access Premier, or pre-order** a copy of Battlefield V today on PC, Xbox One, or PlayStation 4, you’ll get early access to the Open Beta starting September 4
                              Last edited by MartyG; 21-08-2018, 05:40.

Comment

Rotterdam map gameplay:

Comment

Working...
                                X