No announcement yet.

The Division 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the sequel might not be that delayed Ubisoft title from FY 2018-19 to 2019-20. Maybe hinting at For Honor 2, Watch Dogs 3, a new Ass. Creed, or something else.

Comment

I read this morning that the game delayed back into the next financial year is that pirate game they're working on

Comment

It can't be Skulls & Bones, because if it was, there would be no delay to announce if it had already been stated as being delayed. My guess is that it's probably something they are announcing at E3.

Comment

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 has swapped the wintry New York for summertime Washington DC, and is due out on 15th March …

Set during the summertime in Washington DC, will release 15 March 2019

Comment

Gameplay:

Comment

Man that dialogue, almost as bad as the Division 1 gameplay reveal. Completely unrealistic, none of the blokes tried to chat up the girls and no sexual innuendo.

Apart from that looks fantastic. Signing up for the beta, day friggin one. Super excited.

Comment

Ta, hadn't clocked there was a beta. Signed up for the Xbox one.

Yea, was great to see new environments in the game because it has so needed this for a long time (look grass!).

Comment

Looks even better than the the 1st and that's been the game of this Gen, for me. Can't wait

Comment

I'm hyped. Though part of my love for the first was tied in to my love for Manhattan ... and the whole look and atmos of the first one was just brilliant. But the game was so much fun they could set the sequel anywhere and I'd buy it. Day one for me.

Comment

The game has post-game SP progression built in and 3 DLC Episodes in the first 12 months which will all be free

Comment

They did specifically mention support for 'years' after launch. Given they abandoned the first one so quickly, I hope this is genuine. And not the dev team all move onto TD3 whilst outsourced studios release the DLC.

Comment

Direct from Twitch stream, Washington D.C. map size is 20% larger than that of New York. @TheDivisionGame agents rejoice!

https://twitter.com/LtBuzzLitebeer/s...89613839851520

That's not good. The original game map wasn't that big. More variety might help.

Comment

Just got a Private Beta code (from my sign-up above) which is a nice surprise. I'm still not 100% for day one and hadn't pre-ordered so will be interesting to see what the game is like.

Comment

Is everyone off playing Apex Legends then?

I played this today for around 1.5 hrs or so after it had downloaded this morning.

Initial thoughts are if you love the original and want more of the same then you'll love this follow-up.
                              • Performance seems fine (on Xbox One X) although the game disconnected me twice towards the end of the main mission - which essentially means you have to start over. It happened in two different spots but beyond the no respawning zone so is obviously Ubisoft's servers. Although the generic message reads 'check your internet connection' wound me up for some reason.
                              • Having played the original on PC I can't say the drop in 60+fps bothered me that much.
                              • AR's and SMG's seem to have more recoil on them, almost like LMGs from the original game.
                              • The map doesn't seem any bigger than the original - wider on the horizontal axis. I know Massive have said it is 20% bigger tho.
                              • The menus are bad again. Feel like they are optimised for console/controller, over flashy and don't use space well.
                              • Everything is very similar - the way you build the base, gunplay, movement, skills, perks, echos, audio recordings etc.
                              • I also followed some friendly NPC's around because it says they are scouting for water thinking it might be an organic side mission, but alas even with a enemy shootout there was no reward or anything.
                              • I also could play solo but unsure if it scales up for groups.

On the story:

You are seemingly sent in to a city after the good stuff has happened, with little reference to what happened in NY (might just be the demo) but worryingly it seems to be the same starting point, again. 'We need to rescue people are build up the COO....'.

I remember getting annoyed because Massive clearly dumped the original and started work on the second game immediately after the first game shipped (whilst DLC was handled by a small team). And I didn't want the same thing to happen again but I can imagine this will probably be the same.

Also I liked that you could get good loot drops by doing anything but hated that the named Exotics were limited to certain missions with stupidly small drop rates (I never did get Barretts Vest or Ferro's Mask in the end) or other exotics limited to the same weekly activity. And I sense that this may be the same again...

I think for some reason I got burned out on The Division after having to do the same content over, and over and whilst I loved the Underground DLC got tired of it's one tileset.

So for me this might be a pass and a pick-up when it's cheaper but Division fans will love this.
                              Last edited by Digfox; 07-02-2019, 18:43.

Comment

I had a quick blast on the beta earlier. Pretty much the same thoughts as you, Digfox. Seems very much more of the same (but with a bit more greenery).
                                Last edited by Paulos G; 07-02-2019, 18:16. Reason: Greenery.

Comment

Working...
                                X