No announcement yet.

The Division 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a couple of hours last night, Looks good so far. Menus all changed so very confusing thus far. Traversal I need to play around with & relearn the control scheme. Quite a few bugs which is a worry so close to release. Hopefully this is an old build.

Looking forward to doing a few more missions tonight and trying out the end game bit and dark zone. Will try and get a solo loot run early so I can smash it on release. I had a super reliable solo route in low level dark zone in the first one which was really good to get high level equipment for the story missions early on. Makes it far easier to do the story solo.

Hopefully we can get some BD crews together. Between this and Sekiro March is going to be a hell of a month.

Comment

Loving this Beta, Its more Divsion only with better controls and animation

Comment

Sigh...went to play some more...and 3.5 hrs maintenance, so game not back up until 12.30pm.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/...39188552765440

It's good they are doing maintenance but these stoppages don't half hurt when the window you can play is so short. Also being done at a time that is better for NA rather than EU as ever.

Later Edit:
        Spent another 1-2 hrs with it after the server maintenance. The demo does open up after the main mission. Even though I'm enjoying it, I still can't shake some of those things said before. It's all so familiar and I'm worried about this being very minor changes only. Tbf the full game may have more variety.

There is a fair bit to do in this demo, certainly more than the original, and I do feel inclined to keep playing which more than I could say of the Anthem demo.
        Last edited by Digfox; 08-02-2019, 19:19.

Comment

This is glorious on PC, makes me sad all my mates play on console

Comment

The beta is just so good, must say the music is totally brilliant too and adds to much to the game. Can't wait for the final game

Comment

Watched a vid of this earlier of the beta. Looked like a ps2 game.

Comment

Did you have Youtube set to 120p?

Comment

It's okay - the servers stabilised after Friday where the disconnects were near constant making doing any mission impossible, but after about 6-8 hours of the beta, I can't help but feel you could delete your Division 1 save file, replay that and have nearly the same experience.

Comment

I've been playing this all weekend and i have to say its bloody brilliant fun, really enjoyed it, i especially love the gun play and they sound great. Im playing on PC and it does look really good. For the life of me i dont know why i never played the first one for any length of time, all i remember is it being very dark, think i might download it again today and play it. Cant wait for the full release now.

Comment

It's interesting because the highest praise for TD2 that I've been reading (Youtube, Reddit, forums etc.) seems to be from people who didn't play the original at all or for any length of time (i.e. didn't experience the endgame). Where as those that played a lot of the original seem to either love it or don't like because it's more of the same.

I remember watching one Youtuber talk about new 'beserker' enemies running towards you and you and wildlife and npc's running around in the new location. Of course both of these things were in the original

That said I do think it was a fantastically full beta/demo. There was a lot of content to do and even though I put in 5-6 hrs (lvl.5) got no where near completing all of it. There were 2 updates on my Xbox and certainly after the Saturday one it seemed to be much more stable in terms of server connection.

Comment

I must admit i was impressed by the amount of content in the beta, although i tend to play games slowly and dont rush through things. I was also surprised by just how stable it was, think i played for 10+ hours in all and i only remember having one crash. I think your right [MENTION=2982]Digfox[/MENTION] in that people who did not play the first game for any length of time (such as myself) probably enjoyed it more than people who played a lot of the first game, i have seen many posts of people saying its basically a re-skin of the original.

Comment

Its not a good looking game some of the textures are pretty Janky. (Playing on ps4 pro) there is massive pop in issues, screen tearing and the game freezes then rubber bands you pretty regularly. Team mates do some pretty crazy stuff too, skating along the floor, or shooting with no gun in there hand is pretty common.

This aside my biggest problem is how anarchic the game-play is, the first few missions shuffle you though corridors, shooting whack a mole enemy's that pop up and down at regular intervals, occasionally one will try and flank you but mostly they wont. Missions always seem to end in a large boss room with the heavily shielded bad guy at the opposite end guarded by a load of minions. The mounted gun bit in mission two had me asking what year it was, they kind of try something new with getting you to shoot the door to bits but only when there are no enemy's left to bother you.

Another thing that wound me up is the aggressive AI that seemingly ignores line of site and ignores not being able to see you. The first mission sees you moving through a heavily green area, the AI seems to completely ignore any foliage as if they cant see it. this was pretty frustrating as there where a couple of occasions where i had no clear line of sight yet the enemy could see me and shoot me in the head with surprising accuracy.
                          Last edited by Lebowski; 11-02-2019, 11:22.

Comment

Originally posted by gambit6613 View Post
                            I must admit i was impressed by the amount of content in the beta, although i tend to play games slowly and dont rush through things. I was also surprised by just how stable it was, think i played for 10+ hours in all and i only remember having one crash. I think your right [MENTION=2982]Digfox[/MENTION] in that people who did not play the first game for any length of time (such as myself) probably enjoyed it more than people who played a lot of the first game, i have seen many posts of people saying its basically a re-skin of the original.
                            You triggered a thought that occured to me yesterday and so I wasn't posting in direct response to yourself (it may have come across this way). But definitely seems to be a trend I've seen. For me it was relatively stable too (Xbox One X) but there are also some horror stories with stability, glitches and bugs etc. Lot's of similar bugs to the first game which appear to still be in the snowdrop engine. Which isn't a good sign imo after all this time.
                            Last edited by Digfox; 11-02-2019, 10:49.

Comment

I'd pick it up after a price drop, but there's no way I'd shell out £50 for the game given how similar it is to The Division 1 - this is more like The Division 1.2

If you'd not played the original there's more mileage in it - it looked pretty decent on PC with a GTX1080 at 1080P turned up to ultra and it ran at a stable 60 FPS.The snowy weather effects in 1 were more impressive though.

There are a few tweaks I notice such as shooting out lighting means they remain damaged (they used to miraculously fix themselves in the first game) and objects have a little more interaction to them. I'm not sure I like that armour doesn't regenerate in combat, meaning you have to use up health restores. I do like that weapon mods can be applied across all weapons when unlocked from the perks, rather than having to find weapon specific mods.

Too many of the weapons feel a bit weak though making them a bit useless - some weapons have such low magazine counts that they're unusable as you can't even take out a basic bullet sponge with a single magazine, so when those enemies that rush you come at you it's all but impossible not to take damage as you're reloading even if they're unarmoured. I do wish that the damage model was a little bit more realistic.

It looks like the map is a bit smaller the TD1 too, at least from the beta.

All the recent betas from Ubisoft have been pretty decent, the ANNO 1800 beta had a lot of content too and that looks like it might be a decent ANNO game.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                                You triggered a thought that occured to me yesterday and so I wasn't posting in direct response to yourself (it may have come across this way). But definitely seems to be a trend I've seen. For me it was relatively stable too (Xbox One X) but there are also some horror stories with stability, glitches and bugs etc. Lot's of similar bugs to the first game which appear to still be in the snowdrop engine. Which isn't a good sign imo after all this time.
                                No not all mate, didnt come across that way at all

As i said im so looking forward to the game, my only issue is being on PC its a pain having to pay £50, so may just wait and see what the full game turns out like. I never pre-order anything so certainly wont be doing so with PC games and having to pay upfront. But im now really wanting to play the first game but not sure if it will end up spoiling the new game if it is indeed incredibly similar

Comment

Working...
                                X