No announcement yet.

The Division 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it really hard to believe that, when you consider all other games released in the lifespan of the PS4, Switch and Xbox One including:

Horizon
    Uncharted 4
    God of War
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Zelda Breath of the Wild
    Metal Gear Solid V
    Overwatch
    Witcher 3
    Titanfall 2
    Bloodborne

That the best game is an UbiSoft collect-a-thon.

I would also be amazed if it didn't look stunning on the Xbox One X. It is "the world's most powerful console" after all and probably had a budget of several tens of millions of dollars.

Comment

^

That's your list, which is fair enough but the only game on that list that comes close would be Drakes IV. This gen 'for me' The Division, Astrobot and Resident Evil 7 have been the best and Division II just goes up another level

Comment

Actually, it isn't my list. I didn't like Overwatch or Bloodborne and RDR2 and The Witcher 3 aren't my cup of tea.

What it is is a list of critically acclaimed titles that have launched before The Division 2. Most of which I'm sure will be spoken about long after the last DLC pack for The Division 2 has released.

Comment

There are some great games on that list but The Division deserves its place among them imo. Whether the sequel will match the original remains to be seen ... the first had a better sense of place and occasion for me ... but the sequel at least carries on the fundamentals that made the first a load of fun to play.

It's more than a Ubisoft collectathon. It's very much like a third person/cover-based Destiny ... but in a real world setting which I prefer, and some great ideas of its own too, like the Dark Zone.

The first is probably among my top 5 games of this gen. Lost so many happy hours to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            Best game of this generation. This game is incredible and simply outstanding. Looks stunning in 4K on the One X too
            Think that’s pushing it abit - seems pretty much like the first one to me.

Comment

Really enjoying this one but I did like the first one especially when me and Mister Bubbles teamed up

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post

What it is is a list of critically acclaimed titles that have launched before The Division 2. Most of which I'm sure will be spoken about long after the last DLC pack for The Division 2 has released.
                I go on what games I own and actually like to play. None have bettered The Division and RE7 for me. I'm loving the Division 2 it's even better then the 1st. The only issue I have is the settings isn't quite as good and I miss the atmospheric snowy settings

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  I go on what games I own and actually like to play.
                  Good for you.

Comment

Good for you.
                    It's works for me sorry. I found games like Horizon, Zelda:BOTW, Halo 2, Gears Of War 3, GTA 4 to be quite poor no matter the amount of awards or critical acclaime such games have gotten over the years

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                      I gots it. It is ace, but no, you cannot import your character from D1.
                      A pity, my agent was very cool.

Thanks Hudson!

Comment

I find it really hard to believe that, when you consider all other games released in the lifespan of the PS4, Switch and Xbox One including:

Horizon
                        Uncharted 4
                        God of War
                        Red Dead Redemption 2
                        Super Mario Odyssey
                        Zelda Breath of the Wild
                        Metal Gear Solid V
                        Overwatch
                        Witcher 3
                        Titanfall 2
                        Bloodborne

That the best game is an UbiSoft collect-a-thon.

I would also be amazed if it didn't look stunning on the Xbox One X. It is "the world's most powerful console" after all and probably had a budget of several tens of millions of dollars.
                        I wouldn't even put this game in the top 50, I played the beta extensively and this is Division 1.5, it's a "thank god someone put all these chest high walls here". its a play it by the numbers cover shooter where a a guy wearing a vest takes an entire clip of a fully automatic weapon to take him down.

I never once thought I was experiencing something exciting, unique or special, when playing the beta. Best game of this generation this is not, its a high 70s game and not surprisingly that's where the meta score is.
                        Last edited by Lebowski; 18-03-2019, 10:06.

Comment

I'm more shocked by Uncharted 4

As soon as DMC5 is out the way this is next for me and though Ubisoft does have a template the first Division was the best of that template this gen as far as I recall for me so I'm happy enough for more.

Comment

It’s great so far. Like D1 before they messed it up. I’m going through the story at quite a pace, if only to be ready to hit DZ hard afterwards. Plus Sekiro is on Thursday, and this will get shelved for a while, so I need to make progress ASAP.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The content is staggering. Really want to be at home playing this right now. Goddamn you work and parenthood

Not sure if it's coincidence, but has anyone had it where

if you see cuddly toys scattered about the world and you hit one a load of enemies spawn straight away? Happened to me twice. I found a table in the street with a teddy and a sign saying 'HELP ME', then somewhere else I came across a desk in an office with a couple of cuddly toys. Weird, but fun.

Comment

The Division 2 expansion/year two paid for content has been leaked ahead of it's formal reveal later on today (taken from ResetEra).

First Year 2 DLC Leaked / Warlords of New York (Reddit)

It seems part of tomorrows announcement will be the first part of Year 2's DLC Warlords of New York. https://i.imgur.com/RO0RVwS.png In that link you can see "Does not include the Warlords of New York Expansion, which will be sold separately on March 3, 2020." which makes it sound like Year 2 will have a paid component to it.
                                Play in single-player or online co-op:
                                • A gripping new story, hunting down your nemesis
                                • A level 30 boost, allowing you to jump right into the Warlords of New York campaign
                                • A new open world in New York
                                • A revamped progression system with a level cap increased to 40
                                • New tactical options: exotics, gears, and skills
                                • An extended endgame, including thematic three-month seasons Tom Clancy’s The Division®️ 2 Warlords of New York is a narrative expansion to Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 and requires the base game to be accessed."
                                Can't help but feel it's slightly bit cheeky given some of the issues The Division 2 has clearly had with its endgame, and after it has launched with so little year one content in comparison to the first game.

And there's an Ultimate version with pre-order bonuses. Lol.
                                Last edited by Digfox; 11-02-2020, 10:10.

Comment

Working...
                                X