No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They started by showing GTA5. Can we talk about that? First PS5 game shown is a PS3 game that looks like the PS4 version of the same game.

Comment

I'm guessing Rockstar paid a fortune for that slot. This game needs to F off

Comment

Just saw the presentation.

The earlier games looked a lot like PS4 games to me(GT7 in particular). Ratchet and Clank looked gorgeous, and The Little Devil Inside was lovely. I got goosebumps during the Horizon 2 trailer even though I've only played a bit of the first one(it's on the backburner).

Death Loop initially looked meh, but suddenly the trailer became WICKED.

Resi VIII trailer was insane. I skipped past the strawberries one.

I liked that the games on show were generally a lot less violent than the recent XSX presentation.

PS5 Digital Edition looks gorgeous. I've had my PS4 for two years and own three physical games for it. The rest are digital. I know it's more expensive but I almost always buy during the sales. Shenmue 3 is the only full-price digital game I own(and I bought the code from Asura). Also, those physical games are used or bought long after release.

I'll definitely hold out for a PS5 Slim but my wife is expecting me to get a PS5. I can't disappoint her, can I?
        Last edited by randombs; 12-06-2020, 08:17.

Comment

Watched the whole thing. Solid presentation throughout, lost of games, console reveal, not much filler. Maybe next time don't start with an old GTA game.

Games I'll look forward to: Stray, Solar Ash, Demon's Souls, Little Devil Inside. Big question marks about Pragmata and Bugsnax, I wanto so see how they actually play. Returnal was interesting until they shown the protagonist going guns blazin'.

The console looks...very early 2000s.
          Last edited by briareos_kerensky; 12-06-2020, 08:38.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
            But it was still the Shadow Of The Colossus. I am not complaining about the new graphics, they are wonderful and in no way I will belittle them, but remaking Demon's Souls with no changes in how you do stuff is a big letdown. As Brad said, 6th archstone? Different mechanics for the Dragon God? A new way that the Thief's or Graverobber's work? Rebalanced HP regen items?
            As said before, I will still buy it, but if it's the same game and depending which other games are available around its launch I might leave it unplayed, which is the worst thing that can happen to any game.
            Admittedly Briareos, it's for the people who didn't get to play it the first time around - which is a large part of the Soulsborne fandom who got into the series when PS4 was on the horizon. I have a feeling that if it's a faithful remake, it probably won't review all that well, but fans will still buy it because they want to see where the series began.

To give a relevant example, it's similar to why I've never got into the Shantae games - because the first one only exists physically on Game Boy Color.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
              Admittedly Briareos, it's for the people who didn't get to play it the first time around - which is a large part of the Soulsborne fandom who got into the series when PS4 was on the horizon. I have a feeling that if it's a faithful remake, it probably won't review all that well, but fans will still buy it because they want to see where the series began.

To give a relevant example, it's similar to why I've never got into the Shantae games - because the first one only exists physically on Game Boy Color.
              I've never played Demon's Souls, but love some of the later games in the series. So I'd definitely welcome a remake, as I've heard Demon's is tough to go back to as later games added a lot of QoL improvements (which I imagine will be carried over to the remake).

Comment

Another picture, this one the first I've personally seen of the controller charging stand and camera. But basically all the accessories in one shot (original Twitter link for larger version).

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                  as I've heard Demon's is tough to go back to as later games added a lot of QoL improvements (which I imagine will be carried over to the remake).
                  I went through a loop last week after playing DS3 on PC...it's rough. Climbing/descending ladders is painfully slow, the character/world tendency mechanics are as obtuse as you can get, the animations are wonky, the fact that everything you hold adds to your weight is severly limiting at times, but it's a wonderful game. It has the most complex stealth mechanics in the series, like some of the bosses, which are the most elaborate and original.

Originally posted by Asura
                  Yeah, I get that. It's already miles ahead of DS1 Remaster, but I just don't want it to be a simple redress.

Comment

Comment

Holy it won't fit vertically on my shelf besides the other Playstations. Ef that.

Comment

That's no moon, it's a PlayStation

Comment

I don't mind it being big as long as it's quiet and reliable. Aesthetically I much prefer the more understated Series X though (not that it really matters in the grand scheme).

Comment

Bloody hell, that looks huge!

No wonder they designed it like some sort of objet d'art. It's certainly going to be a very visible part of any living room it's in.
                            Last edited by wakka; 12-06-2020, 09:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                              It's looks more like child toy, than a state of the art console.
                              Yeah, it looks like one of the ridiculous Chinese consoles for kids that are meant look futuristic but only run retro games really badly.

I'd say the Series X looks quite bland, but that's a good thing next to the hideous, misshapen PS5 design. It makes the PS4 look really attractive in comparison.

I will hope that Sony end up creating a 'slim' edition that looks more elegant and comes in all black. Sony have managed to make white look really tacky.
                              Last edited by Leon Retro; 12-06-2020, 09:17.

Comment

It dwarfs an original PS3?

Both this and the next Xbox designs are ****e.

Comment

Working...
                                X