Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manufacturing is go!

Comment

I would have thought production would have started some time ago. If its only starting now, in the middle of a pandemic, i think they'll have shortages at launch.

Comment

Damn it's chunky

Comment

It's not small is it

Comment

Awesome!!!

Looks about the size of my 4K UHD player. It's the height of it when it's laying down that is going to cause AV rack problems.

Comment

It must have been specifically designed not to go into AV racks to stop the fan being so noisy!

Comment

Discover a range of official PlayStation controllers for PS5 and PS4, plus gaming audio headsets, cameras and more for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4.

Comment

Defo going to buy the headset.

Comment

I'm hoping it has an optical out so I can use my DAC and AKG702s.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                      I'm hoping it has an optical out so I can use my DAC and AKG702s.
                      Yep. Keep banging this drum (and probably boring members on here) but some non-proprietary 3D/VSS/Surround solution (and ideally chat) that allows connection via optical or USB. And not having to buy licensed headsets.

I don't think Microsoft is going to do that. But it feels more likely the PS5 might drop some of the silly PS4 proprietary b******s. Their February presentation and showing that they want Tempest to work with lots of audio solutions.

Comment

Sony are the kings of proprietary bull****, I wouldn't hold your breath

I think an optical out is a possibility...but only a possibility. I bet you need to buy the official headset if you want wireless though, just like on PS4. I'd really like to be able to just connect my existing Bluetooth headphones, but eh.

Cool to see the above factory photo. The guy on the left looks so proud!

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Sony are the kings of proprietary bull****, I wouldn't hold your breath
                          Yea, although tbh they are both as bad as each other. MS support a 3D audio solution system wide. But you can't use USB or wireless mics. Sony allow USB audio (pure stereo) and wireless mics (caveats tho). My expectations are low

Optical is an old standard but if you're into headphones is one of two ways how all these headphone DAC/AMPs work. Maybe Creative, Sennheiser, Schiit can build in HDMI passthrough or something but atm isn't an option.

I'm not too bothered about Wireless, but currently have headphones I prefer if I can use with everything (inc. the aforementioned AKG 702s which I adore). I did buy the PlayStation Platinum headset a few months ago and I'm struggling with it. The plastic cups and super thin earpads are really uncomfortable. I've ordered some £12 pads from eBay which I hope rectify the situation.

Shame we have open standards for displays. But not for audio on consoles.

Comment

The SeriesX looks like it has an optical out, and the ps2, 3 & 4 do so I'd would be pretty confident the 5 does.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                              The SeriesX looks like it has an optical out, and the ps2, 3 & 4 do so I'd would be pretty confident the 5 does.
                              The Series X doesn't have optical out.
                              Last edited by Digfox; 20-06-2020, 18:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Digfox View Post
                                The Series X doesn't have optical out.
                                Really? No way. I could have sworn I've seen one. Well that throws a spanner in the works.

Comment

Working...
                                X