Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
    The triggers should be fairly easy to use for driving and shooting, you'd think. Sony could even provide code libraries for different guns, cars etc
    Insomniac have said that they are using the triggers for R&C. The shotgun has double-barrel so pulling the trigger half way fires one barrel, pulling it all the way fires both.

Comment

Sony has clarified its PS5 pre-order plans and insisted that it will provide plenty of notice for fans hoping to secure…

Following some panicked confusion Sony has clarified that there will be no short notice 'preorders are now live' notice for fans with everyone getting advanced notice of when they will begin

Comment

Trying to think this through.
        Launch day is sometime In November. The PS5 is currently in production, it'll take at least a month to ship them to the respective countries. I think preorders in September? Notice given a couple of weeks before in August.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          I'm fully betting it's no different to XBO or Switch where it's made zero difference to game experiences. But then, Sony has never done innovation with their controllers.
          The SCPH-1150 would like to ask you outside for a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin View Post
            The SCPH-1150 would like to ask you outside for a fight.
            Dual analogue?

Comment

Yeah, I’d say that was a decent bit of innovation, no?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                There was rumours that the battery in the duel sense was much much larger than the ds4 for improved run time, though theres been no confirmation of that as yet.
                Well that would be the weight accounted for then...

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                  Well that would be the weight accounted for then...
                  You can get much higher mAh batteries for the original DS4 and they are the same size and weight as the original part. So any higher capacity battery doesn't necessarily have to mean heavier. It would be nice if Sony has put a better battery in there. When I swapped out the batteries on two of my DS4's it made them a much more useful controller.

Comment

Didn't know that but it makes sense. Well either way hopefully it is better in the hands with a bit more weight and that the battery life is as good or better than the DS4.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
                      Didn't know that but it makes sense. Well either way hopefully it is better in the hands with a bit more weight and that the battery life is as good or better than the DS4.
                      Just based on these ones I fitted. Exact same size and weight. Looking on Amazon and eBay that seems to be the case with most. Although I'd imagine there's a few cheap 2,000-2,200 mAh batteries being sold that aren't really rated as that.

Comment

The DualShock is an odd one, it's notable for getting two analogues in early but in the same breath was behind rivals in introducing the sticks to begin with. It's a controller that exists as a reaction to others and the addition of a second stick makes it better but at the same point the PS1 never massively needed it, it always felt more like an over compensation by Sony that feels more like it was a happy accident that it became the norm rather than Sony innovating.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          The DualShock is an odd one, it's notable for getting two analogues in early but in the same breath was behind rivals in introducing the sticks to begin with. It's a controller that exists as a reaction to others and the addition of a second stick makes it better but at the same point the PS1 never massively needed it, it always felt more like an over compensation by Sony that feels more like it was a happy accident that it became the norm rather than Sony innovating.
                          It also wasn’t initially a DualShock. First came the version with two sticks, then yet another version that added rumble.

I agree with your summary, it’s not a pad I credit as tremendously innovative. The N64 pad, much as I’ve always disliked it, was the one that really stepped 3D control forward.

Comment

The one with two thumbsticks is the innovative one. You can tell this by the fact that every generation of consoles since has used twin thumbsticks. If it hadn’t caught on then you’d call it a gimmick but it did, so that’s innovation. It’s not really a discussion. You could argue why and how it came about and that Sony maybe only innovated on controllers once l guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              The one with two thumbsticks is the innovative one. You can tell this by the fact that every generation of consoles since has used twin thumbsticks. If it hadn’t caught on then you’d call it a gimmick but it did, so that’s innovation. It’s not really a discussion. You could argue why and how it came about and that Sony maybe only innovated on controllers once l guess.
                              I remember they launched the twin stick model kind of mid-console on PS1, I think? Was bundled along with the first Ape Escape game as a showcase for what a twin stick game could do. It was a brilliant link-up of game to demonstrate new hardware, controlling your character with one stick and swinging your net or driving an RC car with the other.

Comment

I'm just disappointed the controller isn't based on the JogCon!

Comment

Working...
                                X