No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't the Vita also drop specs before release? Fishbowlhead is right in that it likely doesn't matter... except that they have lead with the specs, not the games or the experience. Just stats and technicalities.

Comment

Got to laugh at SONY they can't handle 4K,never mind 8k.Other than that, the system sounds ace.

Comment

Im not sure if Im mistaken, but I thought I read somewhere that the HD will be 1TB in size. Surely this is too small for these digital and 4k/8k times that approach?

Comment

Yep, the addition of an SSD is actually something of a red herring. SSD's make a difference but the main bulk of it will come to the systems workings. Either the PS5 also includes an additional HDD or Sony plans on selling HDD's for it like they sold memory cards for PS2 as 1tb won't be anywhere near enough for most users especially when you deduct from that what the OS will need to set aside.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
            Got to laugh at SONY they can't handle 4K,never mind 8k.Other than that, the system sounds ace.
            I’m sure Sony are really bothered about the 4K output difference between PS4 pro & xbone when they look at consoles sold chart

As for next gen I’m expecting 4K at stable frame rates as standard on consoles, anything more resolution wise is really a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
              I’m sure Sony are really bothered about the 4K output difference between PS4 pro & xbone when they look at consoles sold chart

It's just needless, but SONY played the same trick with 1080p on the PS3. There is really no need to imply the PS5 can do 8k. Unless SONY are getting a little worried with the spec of the new Xbox

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                It's just needless, but SONY played the same trick with 1080p on the PS3. There is really no need to imply the PS5 can do 8k. Unless SONY are getting a little worried with the spec of the new Xbox
                I’m sure it probably CAN output at 8k, probably same as the next xbone probably CAN output at 8k, will they on a mass basis though? Will devs bother to support that high a res on consoles? I doubt it to be honest, seems extremely excessive.

Most likely it’s just a a check box on th list of things to include that sound good but are never really used.

Also it wasn’t a trick on PS3, Sony in house devs were hitting 1080p on ps3 just fine.

Comment

They're not worried about the next gen Xbox, they want to sell their 8K Bravia TVs.

Comment

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
                    They're not worried about the next gen Xbox, they want to sell their 8K Bravia TVs.
                    And now everything falls into place. Of course they do.

Comment

The 8K thing is just talk. No game will actually run at 8K anyhow. It could support Netflix 8K I think, though.

Comment

Some 4k game assets pushing game file sizes up to 100gb, well good luck to Sony fitting 8k games assets on a single blu ray or digital only.

Comment

Comment

I am very sceptical.

Comment

Knack 3 is going to be incredible!

Comment

That t3 article has a click-bait title. '... You won't believe number 3!'

According to Kotaku it will be priced a little higher than the ps4 was. Let's hope its not Ps3 levels of cash...

Comment

Working...
                                X