Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wakka View Post
    Ah OK. What else is there - can anyone give me a fuller explanation of what's going on? I'm genuinely interested, I'm not taking the piss.

As PlayStation® continues to bring together more customers around the world than ever before, meeting the needs of the globally connected PlayStation®4 community, while also responding to specific requirements in each regional market is an increasingly important priority. In order for SIE to remain competitive and deliver on its commitment to make PlayStation the Best Place to Play, it will reorganize the structure of its regional companies. Effective April 1, sales and marketing divisions that currently exist within Sony Interactive Entertainment America (SIEA)*1, Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe (SIEE) *2 and Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia (SIEJA) *3 will report directly to Jim Ryan, Deputy President and Head of Global Sales and Marketing, SIE. In order to ensure coordination between organizations and support functions that are overseen locally, John Kodera, President and CEO, SIE, and Jim Ryan will assume the role of executive in charge of regions, Kodera with responsibility for Americas and Japan Asia and Ryan for Europe. Current SIEJA President Atsushi Morita will report directly to Kodera to support management of cross-functional activities for the Japan Asia markets.

Comment

So just sales and marketing then.

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
        https://www.playstation.com/en-us/co...onal-transfor/
        As PlayStation® continues to bring together more customers around the world than ever before, meeting the needs of the globally connected PlayStation®4 community, while also responding to specific requirements in each regional market is an increasingly important priority. In order for SIE to remain competitive and deliver on its commitment to make PlayStation the Best Place to Play, it will reorganize the structure of its regional companies. Effective April 1, sales and marketing divisions that currently exist within Sony Interactive Entertainment America (SIEA)*1, Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe (SIEE) *2 and Sony Interactive Entertainment Japan Asia (SIEJA) *3 will report directly to Jim Ryan, Deputy President and Head of Global Sales and Marketing, SIE. In order to ensure coordination between organizations and support functions that are overseen locally, John Kodera, President and CEO, SIE, and Jim Ryan will assume the role of executive in charge of regions, Kodera with responsibility for Americas and Japan Asia and Ryan for Europe. Current SIEJA President Atsushi Morita will report directly to Kodera to support management of cross-functional activities for the Japan Asia markets.
        Huh, OK. Not really seeing how this is going to impact on Japanese game development if I’m honest. Appears to be a restructuring of their marketing teams.

No good thing that parts of SCEE are being wound down, but I’d say it’s a bit early to panic Japanese games are going the way of the dodo. Frankly, PlayStation has been a very international business and brand for a very long time now, rather than a primarily Japanese one.

If anything, we’ve seen a resurgence of Japanese software in the mainstream this gen - it really felt like they were on their uppers to some extent in the last, as many developers seemed to struggle to adapt to the post-PS2 era.
        Last edited by wakka; 24-10-2019, 19:59.

Comment

lol so just sales and marketing. That's everything to do with selling the games! The US division will have total control of that, they will decide what games we will get, and if they like the look of any from Japan etc.

Comment

Yeah, I guess we won't ever see anything like:

Ape Escape
            Ico
            Shadow of the Colossus
            Siren
            Loco Roco
            Patapon
            Gravity Rush
            Knack
            The Last Guardian

Ever again now the yanks are in charge.

Oh wait, they were all released globally!!

Lol, indeed.

Comment

That is exactly the point

Comment

I really can't be bothered anymore.

Comment

Pumpy illiop!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                    That is exactly the point
                    Yep. I wonder how long before SONY America shuts down Media Molecule since Dreams release date is a dream in its self and SONY America hates the UK and butchered SONY's UK studios . Can't see us getting games like ICO/SOC and The Last Guardian either, since Team ICO is no more...

Let's just hope the Americans don't style the PS5 LOL
                    Last edited by Team Andromeda; 25-10-2019, 07:37.

Comment

I don't like this video, it's too long and the guy is annoying. However he makes a good point about Bluetooth. The controller has too much information trying to pass through Bluetooth and its too laggy. The Xbox has its own proprietary wireless connection and its silky smooth. My guess is that the PS5 will ditch Bluetooth for its own wireless connection. Thats probably why the V2 DS4 has a lagless wired connection, because the only way it will work on the PS5, and keep up with the new DS5, is wired.

Comment

You've got to think ahead if you want to stay ahead in the video game business - and that's exactly what Sony's doing. …

Sony has secured trademarks for:

- Playstation 6
                        - Playstation 7
                        - Playstation 8
                        - Playstation 9
                        - Playstation 10

Preorder now!... I'm waiting for the PS10 Pro though...

Comment

PSX, surely?

Comment

Originally posted by randombs View Post
                            PSX, surely?
                            Already exists.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
                              Already exists.
                              Twice apparently.

Comment

That’s what I meant