No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine that as Xbox will never top this prototype that no-one cares as much

Comment

Just read on era a tweet from Verge that suggests noise on XB4 is quiet because Microsoft are running late and few devs have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
        Just read on era a tweet from Verge that suggests noise on XB4 is quiet because Microsoft are running late and few devs have one.
        And also because, really, who cares? Just get the games on pc for half the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
          Yeah I just read this. If hardly anyone has one, how the hell are they going to develop worthy exclusives in less than a year?

Comment

Developers will likely have an early version of the software development kit and target specs to go on.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
              Developers will likely have an early version of the software development kit and target specs to go on.
              Still, I can't imagine it's the same as actually having the hardware guts and a proper controller to test it with. It doesn't sound like a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                Still, I can't imagine it's the same as actually having the hardware guts and a proper controller to test it with. .
                Didn't hurt the 360 . Given so much tech is already from the PC .It's not a issue.

Comment

360 devlits probably more reliable than retail hardware.

No RROD.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                    360 devlits probably more reliable than retail hardware.

No RROD.
                    No doubt they were .MS were still using Beta 360 development kits at E3 2005 and a lot of the games run like crap. Still at least they running on actual hardware, unlike SONY's fake demo's

Comment

I remember that.

MS had pre-release stuff that was improved by the time it was on sale; Sony had target renders that simply didn’t come true.

Comment

Given XB4 will likely launch with Halo Infinity and Forza Motorsport 8, both pretty much XBO games they can add texture etc detail to I guess MS won't be feeling too pressured to get kits out

Comment

Godfall is the first officially-announced PlayStation 5 game.The "looter-slasher", which is also due out on PC, is publ…

Gearbox have announced PS5's first timed exclusive with Godfall which will also hit PC via Epic Store

Comment

So this is interesting. Sony have released an official DS4 attachment that adds buttons to the back. It's odd that it would be released now so far into the consoles life. I suspect the DS5 might have these buttons integrated.

Comment

Forward compatibility for PS5 games maybe so you don’t have to dump DS4’s?

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                                Forward compatibility for PS5 games maybe so you don’t have to dump DS4’s?
                                That's what I'm thinking.

Comment

Working...
                                X