No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not keen on that design, would rather 1 colour or a subtle 2 tone.
    I wonder if the PS5 will have a similar colour scheme otherwise would look at bit weird

Comment

At first I thought it was a 3rd party controller for the PS4. I think I like it. Its different.

Comment

Yep, essentially a lock that PS5 is white. With so little having changed in terms of functionality Sony is clearly leaning on aesthetics to differentiate PS5 from PS4

Comment

Definitely based on the aesthetic started with PSVR. Will the new features be supported? The touchpad didn’t exactly receive a lot of support unfortunately.

Comment

Really like the look of that. I'm predicting a very organic looking PS5 on the basis of that. I'm glad that unlike Xbox it seems that they are aiming for something which at least looks a little bit different.

I'm vaguely reminded of how feverishly excited magazines around the turn of the millennium predicted the PS2 might look.

Comment

That's really nice. It would go well with an HD remake of PN03

Comment

Are those buttons flush with the pad?

Not feeling that.

Comment

Different. I thought it would be a bit closer lineage to the DS4. Weird how the white panels look to 'wrap' around black plastic. But the haptic feedback and adaptive triggers sounds great. Not sure about the built in microphone. May be some really bad voice comms.

Appears to be a USB C connector on it - not sure if that's common knowledge: https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/...ef26976_3k.jpg

Also no mention of paddles/back buttons - so does that remain an optional add-on?

Comment

So fancy HD rumble the Switch barely uses in the pad, can't say it appeals to me as i turn off rumble for everything but driving games.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobal View Post
                      So fancy HD rumble the Switch barely uses in the pad, can't say it appeals to me as i turn off rumble for everything but driving games.
                      No the controller has full haptics including in the triggers, with force feedback. We’ll have to see how its all works long term but I'm personally excited for it.

Comment

Looks like back paddles remain optional but a plus is that the face buttons aren't flush

Comment

Removing the colour from the face buttons seems a bit strange to me, does this mean the ingame interface buttons will all be white/black? Half the response time in QTEs (or similiar mechanics) for me are probably from the fact that Circle is red and X is blue.

Comment

I'd be happy for developers to move from "press A to jump" to "press -downmost button- to jump", with a small icon representing the button layout, like some games on the Switch do. It'll help going between consoles as I always take a split second more on X Box controller because MS got the letter backwards.

Also, the world will end when Sony design a controller with the left stick in the correct position.

Comment

I think it's quite brave of Sony to change the look and colours. Brand is everything. Where MS have gone for a 'if it ain't broke' approach, Sony have taken a different path. Should have seen it coming with the white trim on the PSVR.
                              I wonder if the mic could be used in more novel ways, like the DS mic. I'm glad they kept the speaker too, although it's hardly used, when it is it adds a bit to the immersion. I'm excited to see the console now.

Comment

So it will still fast forward or rewind if you put it down while watching a video etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X