Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
    1x5 gig patch max in the first month should be mandatory for all 3rd parties next gen. If it isn’t finished, then it shouldn’t be released.

Edited.
    This is actually why the 360 was okay for this, then went into the toilet after a certain point - Microsoft had policies in place, due to the prevalence of the SKU of the 360 that lacked a hard drive. I can't remember when it was, but they softened this rule, then eventually abandoned it altogether, and that's when it became a big problem.

Comment

Maybe it's psychological but I feel that of the two big consoles and my PC... this feels less prevalent on my PC

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
        I think the one big pain in the arse is when I simply want to check the sale on PS store and I'm forced to download a system update before it let's me in. That **** better not exist next gen.
        I seriously doubt that will change.

PS4 logs in to PSN first, which won’t let you in until you update. It’d be quicker to save the PS store as a bookmark in the web browser and use that.

I despise the PS Store app(the bright blue background burns my eyeballs) and just use my iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
          This is actually why the 360 was okay for this, then went into the toilet after a certain point - Microsoft had policies in place, due to the prevalence of the SKU of the 360 that lacked a hard drive. I can't remember when it was, but they softened this rule, then eventually abandoned it altogether, and that's when it became a big problem.
          There was a restriction on the size of XBLA games at first, around 500MB IIRC, but that was eventually lifted.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
            There was a restriction on the size of XBLA games at first, around 500MB IIRC, but that was eventually lifted.
            I had to google it to remind myself of the exact figure - but it was actually only 50MB initially! Which is kind of incredible now.

Comment

It coudl still be 50MB, it's all about the FLOPS!

Comment

I just want to see this damn console now and learn what's what! All this speculation and talk of TF is driving me mad.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                  I don't agree at all. Thanks to that stupid limit, it butchered early LIVE games and the lack of an HD has standard was a massive step backwards and the constant streaming of the game disc must have added to the TROD . The 360 could have had an Arcade perfect version of Outrun 2006 with all the OG Xbox extra's but MS daft limits put pay to that

Remember at the start of the 360 you couldn't even use 3rd Party Harddrive's but only super expensive MS ones,thank GOD that brain dead idea, was dropped with the new model 360's

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                    It coudl still be 50MB, it's all about the FLOPS!
                    If ONLY Ken as still at SONY. Maybe, the PS5 wouldn't have been so soundly beaten for FLOPS next gen

Comment

And yet the 360, with half the flops, had the better version of practically every game

Comment

I won't post the source link as I go this off GAF who got it from Reddit/4Chan and that leaves a bitter taste in the mouth but a potential rumour has it that Sony's PS5 presentation will take place around 11 June 2020, lasting just over an hour and a half and will showcase PS5 games including:

-Horizon II
                        -Spider-Man II
                        -Gran Turismo Sport 3.0
                        -Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Enhanced
                        -Crash Bandicoot 8
                        -Resident Evil VIII
                        -Crysis Remastered
                        -Demon's Souls: Remake
                        -Uncharted 5
                        -Silent Hill
                        -Ratchet and Clank 8

It's not hard to feel a sense of fake about this list. If there's any truth to it then it's also suggested that Horizon II won't be out at the PS5's launch, aiming for March 2021 instead. Uncharted 5 will star Chloe and Victor and isn't handled by Naughty Dog anymore, will also include co-op as an option. Crash will be at launch but only as a timed exclusive, MK Aftermath has enhanced visuals and some PS5 extra Kontent. Crysis Remastered will be announced to have been signed as a console exclusive for PS5 with the Series X version cancelled. Demon's Souls will share the name of the original but be a ground up remake with lots of new content etc and a launch title. GT will run at 4K, 60fps but presumably is mostly the existing game patched. Ratchet will be a launch game whilst Silent Hill is for 2021.

If true at all it suggests a weak launch line up.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                          I won't post the source link as I go this off GAF who got it from Reddit/4Chan and that leaves a bitter taste in the mouth but a potential rumour has it that Sony's PS5 presentation will take place around 11 June 2020, lasting just over an hour and a half and will showcase PS5 games including:

-Horizon II
                          -Spider-Man II
                          -Gran Turismo Sport 3.0
                          -Mortal Kombat 11: Aftermath Enhanced
                          -Crash Bandicoot 8
                          -Resident Evil VIII
                          -Crysis Remastered
                          -Demon's Souls: Remake
                          -Uncharted 5
                          -Silent Hill
                          -Ratchet and Clank 8

It's not hard to feel a sense of fake about this list. If there's any truth to it then it's also suggested that Horizon II won't be out at the PS5's launch, aiming for March 2021 instead. Uncharted 5 will star Chloe and Victor and isn't handled by Naughty Dog anymore, will also include co-op as an option. Crash will be at launch but only as a timed exclusive, MK Aftermath has enhanced visuals and some PS5 extra Kontent. Crysis Remastered will be announced to have been signed as a console exclusive for PS5 with the Series X version cancelled. Demon's Souls will share the name of the original but be a ground up remake with lots of new content etc and a launch title. GT will run at 4K, 60fps but presumably is mostly the existing game patched. Ratchet will be a launch game whilst Silent Hill is for 2021.

If true at all it suggests a weak launch line up.
                          The inclusion of Silent Hill makes this whole list bull****. No way is Konami making this.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
                            The inclusion of Silent Hill makes this whole list bull****. No way is Konami making this.
                            No, the rumours are Sony have acquired rights to Silent Hill and are making the game - not sure which studio.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              And yet the 360, with half the flops, had the better version of practically every game
                              No doubt, thanks to the better GPU. Bolds well for the Series X

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                I don't agree at all. Thanks to that stupid limit, it butchered early LIVE games and the lack of an HD has standard was a massive step backwards and the constant streaming of the game disc must have added to the TROD . The 360 could have had an Arcade perfect version of Outrun 2006 with all the OG Xbox extra's but MS daft limits put pay to that
                                I think there's a balance in these things. The XBLA limits were very much of their time, but as Asura mentioned were an example of a platform holder enforcing some kind of limit for them and the consumers benefit. It can feel at times that the balance has skewed too far towards devs/pubs.

Comment

Working...
                                X