No announcement yet.

Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agreed on the accessibility aspect. I keep mine in a a box out of site. If it was wireless and more powerful it would be even better.

See looking at those docs above they're taking inspiration from the pc engine.

Hopefully games will come on 300 GB hucards.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post

Imagine if this was it, looks like a knock off NES but this trolling image matches the rumoured descriptions somewhat. Let's hope the actual design has some Cex Appeal
      I'll ask again as it gave me nightmares.

What in the name of all that is holy is that?!

Comment

My PSVR V2 box is set-up next to my PS4 Pro on the unit. I have a carry case for th headset.

All I have to do is plug the headset into the box and away I go - the newest revision has HDR passthrough so it can stay plugged in.

Biggest thing for me is cables. I know it's only one but I find that after a while I have to fiddle and fidget to stop it from getting caught around my arms.

Comment

That thing can probably run The Last of Us Part 2 at 4k60, you should be loving it teddy

Comment

What would that screen be used for?

Comment

I don't see why that thing would be real considering that we know the pad is completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by cutmymilk View Post
                What would that screen be used for?
                The screen is for live streaming to whoever you leave the console in front of. You can play from a separate room.

Comment

PS5 dev kit has 6 fans & a vapour chamber for cooling. Hopefully this is a good omen for the retail unit and Sony learning some valuable lessons.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                    PS5 dev kit has 6 fans & a vapour chamber for cooling. Hopefully this is a good omen for the retail unit and Sony learning some valuable lessons.
                    He did say people would be happy with the cooling solution. I hope they keep the V shape now with huge airflow running through it.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                      That’s going to be a noisy system but it is a development station so it doesn’t matter. No way a home system will have so many fans. One big fan and the vapour chamber cooler would be my guess.

Comment

Love the new avatar [MENTION=8265]CMcK[/MENTION]

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          I don't see why that thing would be real considering that we know the pad is completely wrong.
                          Not necessarily. Dev kits and test kits often have weird pads. The Xbox 360 kit originally had a pad which was made from more sturdy plastic, with embossed buttons and cheaper moulding. It's hard to describe, but it looks like a knock-off; it was actually designed to be cheaper and more hard-wearing at the expense of looking a bit crap.

It probably is just a fake but it could be something similar.

Additionally, as people have mentioned, VR accessibility is definitely an issue, and this is something that negatively impacts VR as a whole.

When I had the PSVR, it was something you had to set up; like you had to make sure the wands were charged and plug the cables in. Plus you were going to use the whole room. It was the sort of thing you turn on at 5:30 will the full intent of using it for the entire evening; you don't just put it on for half an hour.

Unfortunately, despite the PSVR being the most comfortable of all the VR kit I've tried, it doesn't change the fact that VR isn't comfortable for long periods, especially at first. I didn't really have VR-seasickness but just generally having the thing on your face, the weight... I got neck pains the first few times.

The Oculus Quest fixes that. The setup is literally seconds, so you can put it on, do a quick level of Beat Saber then stow it away. I keep it in a carry case, which I've even taken over to other peoples' houses who wanted to see it (pro-tip; buy the vinyl cover for the face mask, as you can wipe it clear with an antibacterial wipe).

Wireless and inside-out tracking really transform the experience in this regard.

Comment

The biggest problem I have with PSVR is that, for the first 30 minutes or so, the lenses keep steaming up so you have to keep wiping them until headset & head temperature reach a happy medium and you're free to play without worrying about actually seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              The biggest problem I have with PSVR is that, for the first 30 minutes or so, the lenses keep steaming up so you have to keep wiping them until headset & head temperature reach a happy medium and you're free to play without worrying about actually seeing.
                              Yeah; this is definitely an issue. It stops after about 30 minutes as you say. I keep a glasses cleaning cloth in my Quest box for this purpose.

Comment

I've never once had it steam up. Is there something wrong with me?

Comment

Working...
                                X