Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Asura View Post
    Aren't people complaining that Sony America are censoring games, though, in a manner that extends even as far as Japan? I'm sure I read the Senran Kagura guy saying that series has no future on Sony platforms for that reason. This isn't defending SK as a game series; more just the idea.
    SONY America didn't like games that weren't dubbed into English and had anti 2D stance which annoyed SNK and Working Desgins. Still, that was better than the muppets at SEGA, lets all remember Bernie 5 star plan and his stance againt Japanese RPG's and niche games , no support at all for the 1-Meg or 4 Meg Cart which meant no SNK or Capcom Vs games and better yet he uspet Working Desgins too, which made them drop all support

When it comes to muppets SEGA America was the best

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
      Aren't people complaining that Sony America are censoring games, though, in a manner that extends even as far as Japan? I'm sure I read the Senran Kagura guy saying that series has no future on Sony platforms for that reason. This isn't defending SK as a game series; more just the idea.
      It's not Sony America, but Sony as a whole. As you mentioned the new Senran Kagura was almost completed but a change of policies would have forced the sexualized content of of SK, which is what SK is known for, and the game might very well be scrapped, info on that is rather sketchy...but Kenichiro Takaki did leave Marvelous, so SK's future as a whole is uncertain.
      I've also read that Sony Japan only accepts forms in English now, for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by briareos_kerensky View Post
        It's not Sony America, but Sony as a whole. As you mentioned the new Senran Kagura was almost completed but a change of policies would have forced the sexualized content of of SK, which is what SK is known for, and the game might very well be scrapped, info on that is rather sketchy...but Kenichiro Takaki did leave Marvelous, so SK's future as a whole is uncertain.
        I've also read that Sony Japan only accepts forms in English now, for some reason.
        I may have my wires crossed but I thought this was because Sony's leadership has moved to the US, or aspects of how the company is led now come out of the California office, whereas previously the company was Japan-led. This is likely in some kind of bid for a more global outlook. Like it goes wider than just their games software.

Comment

You just hope that these decisions don't lead to the quirky japanese games development being stumped.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
            You just hope that these decisions don't lead to the quirky japanese games development being stumped.
            That's the concern.

Comment

Originally posted by Cassius_Smoke View Post
              Given how lame most Japanese games are these days. I don't think its such a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                Given how lame most Japanese games are these days. I don't think its such a loss.
                Right that's it you're barred.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                  wtf..

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    wtf..
                    Not that there's any point given Nintendo is Japanese. This gen has been pretty poor for me on the Japanse side of gaming other than some magic from Capcom, some decent stuff from Namco and the wonderful Astrobot from SONY.

To me the indie games from Western developers have been far more creative too

Comment

News inbound and apparently it's big but no surprise, the most common guess being that Ghosts of Tsushima is now a PS5 launch exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX

News inbound and apparently it's big but no surprise, the most common guess being that Ghosts of Tsushima is now a PS5 launch exclusive.
                        Called it. Glad I sold my PS4 before the prices dip, if that ends up being true.
                        Last edited by Asura; 23-10-2019, 22:21.

Comment

That game becoming a ps5 exclusive will have zero impact on the value of a used PS4.

Comment

Buggery. The swines. I was looking forward to that. (If it's confirmed, that is). Think I'll just have to man up and stop making excuses about Sekiro being too hard.

With a bit of luck though, maybe it's Dreams that will be a PS5 exclusive. They can keep that.
                            Last edited by Golgo; 24-10-2019, 07:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Brad View Post
                              That game becoming a ps5 exclusive will have zero impact on the value of a used PS4.
                              Disappointed but cant say im surprised. But still disappointed.

Pre orders PS5.

Comment

I was really looking forward to that! They can stick their ps5

Comment

Working...
                                X