Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
    PS5's game cases, look like whiter PS4 cases

Wish they had gone with white game cases instead of the bog standard blue ones, would have looked much better.

Comment

I'm not really feeling the new cases either, no. The mix of blue, black and white is a bit eh. I think if they were going to be this boring and conservative, they should've made the box opaque black like a UHD Blu-Ray. That would've fitted in pretty well with the white/black stripe and felt a bit different and more premium.

If they'd actually wanted to be remotely interesting, it would have been nice if they'd shrunk the boxes down significantly to the size of a CD jewel case - but not used an actual jewel case, something custom. Like a thinner, sturdier version of a UK PS1 game box. That would've been really cool.

Oh well. It is what it is. To be honest they would much rather you be buying the games digitally anyway.

Comment

I think they need to retain some blue as it's become part of their identity. Boxes don't look amazing but all white would be too Wii-y for me.

Comment

The white area at the top makes the boxart look unfinished.

Comment

There's probably 100s of 1000s of blue cases already fabricated so best use them than create more unneccesary plastic.

Would have been nice to see them move to renewable material like SI did with Football Manager.

Comment

I’ve not been so excited for a new console in ages , can’t bloody wait

Comment

Ah come on guys, that’s lame. There should be a new, cool case for the games, not another boring old blue box!

Comment

As someone who will definitely still be buying physical games, those boxes are a bit of a let down. The actual cover for the Spiderman thing is pretty tired too, could do with something other than just the character and a jizzy rope.

Comment

I thought they would use UHD cases too.

Comment

Originally posted by Junko View Post
                      I’ve not been so excited for a new console in ages , can’t bloody wait
                      Starting to feel that way myself.

Comment

Yeah, it's fun to have that new console excitement

I always enjoy the early days of a machine too, where you're eagerly anticipating every release.

What are people planning to pick up with their machines at launch, based on what we currently know?

For me it'll be Miles Morales (the version they're issuing that just includes the expansion, not the whole of Spiderman, as I'm not bothered about playing that again) and Cyberpunk 2077 for PS4. Provided Cyberpunk is out. If it isn't I'll just grab Miles Morales initially.

I would get the new CoD (an obvious dead cert despite not being announced), but a combination of wanting to be free of my crippling addiction to the last game and the fact that the development of this one sounds like it's been a bit of a mess means I think I'll give it a miss.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          I always enjoy the early days of a machine too, where you're eagerly anticipating every release.
                          I love it too and love the period in the run up to launch and the launch day.
                          I'll be looking to get GT 8 and Ratchet & Clank with my PS5

Comment

Sony rumoured to be countering MS by buying Leyou.

None of these acquisitions would really inspire too much. What you think?

Comment

Apparently Tencent is the front runner. Good stuff too, both Sony and MS should walk away from this one, Leyou isn't worth chasing hard

Comment

Who would you guys like Sony to buy? Its a horrible question, mind. Humour me.

Comment

Working...
                                X