Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Family Fry View Post
    Some 4k game assets pushing game file sizes up to 100gb, well good luck to Sony fitting 8k games assets on a single blu ray or digital only.
    I think good luck to 8k full stop. The file sizes for tv or games in this format will most likely stop widespread adoption. Consoles certainly won’t have anywhere near enough hard drive space probably ever.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
      I’m sure it probably CAN output at 8k.
      Most prob it might be able to upscale to 8K. I can't see any game running at a native 8K, I would imagine quite a lot of High-end GFX PC card would have issues running games in 8K. And good luck fitting those 8K games into the PS5 1tb SSD

Also, not that many PS3 games run at a native 1080p just fine and most certainly not on the dual 1080p outputs 1st promised on SONY bullcrap hype on the PS3. Native 720P was king for that gen

Comment

Rez should be doable in 8k!

Comment

I'm glad they've mentioned backward compatibility as I'm one person who currently has never owned a PS4 but there are a few exclusives I'd dip into if I chose to pick up this next one. I'm curious to hear whether they'll be enhanced at all.

Comment

Originally posted by nonny View Post
            I'm glad they've mentioned backward compatibility as I'm one person who currently has never owned a PS4 but there are a few exclusives I'd dip into if I chose to pick up this next one. I'm curious to hear whether they'll be enhanced at all.
            Sony has a history of enhancing BC games, the PS2 and PS3 both had options to. I expect any PS4 pro enhanced games will run at Pro levels, but I would like the PS5 to do something more clever.

Comment

You’ll probably seen smoother frame rates at 4K from PS4 games like RDR2, but by then I’d expect rockstar to be releasing an enhanced console version for next gen, probably.

Comment

I can't believe we're on PS5 already. It was a mere six years ago, and I was sitting in a Tokyo coffee shop chatting with a game dev, who was complaining how there hadn't even been a PS4 release date announced for Japan. And now I'm reading news of PS5.

I never even got into PS4. On the plus side, I'm guessing it's going to be dirt cheap just like the PS3 is currently.

I feel like a man who once lived in the middle of a river, forever being swept downstream in excitement and progress, but now has beached upon the shore. I kinda feel like I lost interest in game this gen. Will next gen respark it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                  Will next gen respark it?
                  I doubt it. But you really should check out PSVR though. Failing that wait and see what the new SNK consoles bring.

Comment

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
                    I can't believe we're on PS5 already. It was a mere six years ago, and I was sitting in a Tokyo coffee shop chatting with a game dev, who was complaining how there hadn't even been a PS4 release date announced for Japan. And now I'm reading news of PS5.

I never even got into PS4. On the plus side, I'm guessing it's going to be dirt cheap just like the PS3 is currently.

I feel like a man who once lived in the middle of a river, forever being swept downstream in excitement and progress, but now has beached upon the shore. I kinda feel like I lost interest in game this gen. Will next gen respark it?
                    I think part of it is getting older, part of it is the slowing of real significant progress. The huge jumps past gens gave us are a thing of the past unfortunately.

Comment

I'm expecting announcements to say that TLOU2, Ghosts of Tsushima and Death Stranding will all be enhanced for PS5.

Comment

The biggest jump ever happened this gen!!! VR.

Comment

Amazing that a whole generation has passed by. I've owned some Switch units, and some PS4s and yet I've only completed Metal Gear Solid V and Super Smash Bros Ultimate using them. Bloodborne I got a good way into but never followed through to completion.

Comment

Originally posted by CMcK View Post
                            But you really should check out PSVR though.
                            My sole experience of PS4 is playing VR at his house. I found it scary (awesome) how accurate the head tracking was. Still wasn't quite enough to make me make the jump... Might do so once PS4 is cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                              I think part of it is getting older, part of it is the slowing of real significant progress. The huge jumps past gens gave us are a thing of the past unfortunately.
                              We had a huge jump this gen, no different from the jump between the Master system to Mega Drive.
                              I think the huge issue is most of us aren't kids anymore and start to become less excited about most things, not just gaming

I remember when the FA Cup was a huge deal (no matter the teams in it) and all day bender and where one would cry if a mate or family had a bloody wedding on that day. Now I'm not bothered if I go out, may just stay in

Comment

Originally posted by Team Andromeda View Post
                                We had a huge jump this gen, no different from the jump between the Master system to Mega Drive.
                                I think the huge issue is most of us aren't kids anymore and start to become less excited about most things, not just gaming

I remember when the FA Cup was a huge deal (no matter the teams in it) and all day bender and where one would cry if a mate or family had a bloody wedding on that day. Now I'm not bothered if I go out, may just stay in
                                Yeah I think getting older is a big part of it. I’m not old enough to remember the jump between MS and MD (although I played a lot of both systems, MS via a Power Base Converter), but the jump from MD to PS1 was colossal, then the jump from PS1 to PS2 felt huge once we got GTA 3 and MGS 2, then the jump PS2 to 360 again felt ginormous, not least because you could do stuff like download demos, bring up the guide, play music etc.

I haven’t felt the same way about this gen vs PS3/360. Stuff like Witcher 3 and RDR2 are mega impressive and a step forward from that gen, but it’s felt more incremental to me than past generations.

Comment

Working...
                                X