Playstation 5: Thread 01

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huxley View Post
    So it will still fast forward or rewind if you put it down while watching a video etc.
    They better not have removed that feature!

Comment

Absolutely it still will. Shortest episode of Westworld ever last night at 10 mins when the dog smooshed the ds4 and went right to the end without me knowing 😒

Comment

It's a shame decent official remotes died a death. My friends all laugh at me for caring about this, but using a pad to control Netflix, Blu-Rays etc is a crap experience. I bought the officially licensed PDP remote for PS4, the official Xbox One remote AND the officially licensed PDP Xbox One remote this generation. All of them were, without exception, terrible, for various reasons.

Really miss the official remotes that both Sony and MS made for the PS3 and 360 - they were excellent!

Sadly I don't think this is something many people care about, so I won't be holding my breath for decent PS5 and Series X remotes

Comment

OK, so the buttons aren't completey flush with the plastic. That's what I get for not clicking the link.

I think Sony nailed it with the PS4 pad and I'd be happy to have the same again. Be interesting to see how they compare.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            It's a shame decent official remotes died a death. My friends all laugh at me for caring about this, but using a pad to control Netflix, Blu-Rays etc is a crap experience. I bought the officially licensed PDP remote for PS4, the official Xbox One remote AND the officially licensed PDP Xbox One remote this generation. All of them were, without exception, terrible, for various reasons.

Really miss the official remotes that both Sony and MS made for the PS3 and 360 - they were excellent!

Sadly I don't think this is something many people care about, so I won't be holding my breath for decent PS5 and Series X remotes
            The PS3 Blu-ray remote was very nice.

Comment

Im the opposite, apart from the occasional trigger annoyance I absolutely HATE tv remotes with a passion, always crap, always badly placed buttons, and I'm always looking at the stupid thing for what button i need for ever dam action.

Controller is ergonomic and every button you need is in reach, triggers are natural rev/ff, face buttons are natural pause/play, analog sticks to navigate.

Comment

It's horses for courses but I don't like using pads for a few reasons:

- Their battery lives are short. They turn off quickly when not in use (you can disable this but you'll just run the battery flat really fast).
                - Once they're off you need to switch them on again before you can do anything. Which takes time and is annoying when you just want to pause a film.
                - You need two hands to operate them which is overkill.
                - The PS4 pad has a ****ing massive LIGHT on it which needs a cushion put against it or something in a dark room.
                - It's too easy to trigger FF/RW when you set them down due to the triggers (more of a PS4 thing again).
                - They lack dedicated keys for bringing up playback information. You usually need to navigate into a menu system for anything more than play/pause/FF/RW.

Honestly it's all the definition of first world problems, I know. But those are my hangups. I like a nice remote personally.

I think I'm just going to get a dedicated Blu-Ray player though, which will solve my problems in this regard.

Comment

Ok this is now old news to me. Show more things now please, PlayStation.

Comment

Yep. We all want to see the console itself now.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                      I think I'm just going to get a dedicated Blu-Ray player though, which will solve my problems in this regard.
                      I know it's a minor point, but the PS4 can use HDMI-CEC, so you can use the TV remote to control the PS4. Isn't this better than the joypad?

Funnily enough I just unplugged our old Sony BluRay player this weekend, which helped clear up space in the lounge. With Plex/Streaming/Sky we just aren't using discs anymore. Tbh though I've not really used the BluRay or media apps on the consoles. The Samsung Smart TV apps all seem to work well and are integrated with the TV so much more convenient to use.
                      Last edited by Digfox; 08-04-2020, 11:55.

Comment

Guys, I think it's time to bring back old PC beige back. I know the GX4000 had a swing at it, but cmon who was ever gonna buy that? Sony be brave.

Someone photoshop that controller in PC beige please

Comment

Lol, someone on Resetera linked to the old Phantom...

The PS5 pad definitely has that vibe.

Comment

It's got to look better than the Xbox rectangular slab.

Comment

I love the colour scheme of the new pad, but it's desgin looks like something Madcats would have knocked out .

Comment

New pad looks good but I'm a bit disappointed they appear to have used the same joysticks from the PS4. I hate them, they just wear quick and feel a bit crap.

I much prefer the texture grippy feel on the Xbox controller but really that's my only niggle on this... If they'd have fixed that it would be great.

Edit: ok zooming in they do appear to have a grip texture so hopefully they feel better in use. Interesting

Comment

Working...
                                X